Chapter 1: A New Nightmare

Logan's POV

I parked my car into the lot of the new pizzeria. Operations had been running for nearly a month, all seeming to go quite well. We had ordered and installed several new animatronics and even had Mangle, well Baby now, up on stage now.

I walked into the pizzeria and entered my office. All was well. I'd done what the purple guy had said and wrote my own ending. 

I had finally found peace.

I thought at least...but...something felt off. I always felt this lingering dread, like something wasn't finished. 

"Hey Logan." My thoughts were cut off by this greeting. It was Mai, the waitress I'd met at Circus Baby's. She now worked here at the new pizzeria.

"Hi Mai, what's up?" I asked casually.

"I just wanted to let you know that a package was dropped off out back." She said. "The box said fragile and I had some of the guys bring it to your office."

"Oh, maybe it's the new frog animatronic I ordered." I said happily. "I'll need to go check that out after we close."

She nodded and went back to her duties. 

I myself worked as a waiter during the day hours sometimes, as well as a day shift guard when needed. At night I'd stay over and oversee management of the building. It was hard work, but I enjoyed it.

Over the course of the month the restaurant had been open I'd been able to make amends with Mike. It just seemed like everything was falling into place.

However, that dread remained. Perhaps Mike was right with me not getting involved in Freddy's anymore; but this place had been made by me. I had performed flawless background checks on everyone who worked here, inspected each animatronic thoroughly, and even severed any connections to the old restaurants.

I was thinking too hard. I had to be.

The whole work day went normally. I ended it with closing up and saying goodbye to Mai. Mangle always stayed active until I removed her AI from the Baby animatronic at night and returned home.

"Master, are we staying late tonight?" She asked as she stepped off the stage.

"I'm just checking a package in the back. Then we can go." I replied.

"Oh ok." She replied, seeming anxious to leave. "I just really want to get home and play For-"

"I know Mangle, I'll hurry." I cut her off quickly with a chuckle. "You and those battle royale games."

I hurried to the back and took a look at the large package. Well, it was more of a crate than a normal package, which was normal for shipping animatronics. However this one seemed more rugged than the last, but I assumed that was just due to shipping conditions.

"Let's see..." I said as I grabbed a crowbar from the back room. I took it to the box and latched one of the corners. 

I began to pry at it.

"You almost done?" I heard Mangle call out.

"Could you give me a hand?" I asked.

She hurried up and assisted me with the box. After a few seconds prying, the side of the crate came off. It was obviously dark inside and I could only make out the shape of an animatronic hand. It looked old and broken.

"Aww, did they send a broken one?" I sighed.

Mangle and I got the rest of the box apart and finally saw what was inside.