Chapter 6: Five Nights At Freddy's

Logan's POV

Mangle, Scrap Baby, Michael and I all stood, staring up at what we now realized was the spiritual embodiment of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. Springtrap walked up onto the stage beside him. They both nodded to each other and fuzed together, only causing Freddy's size to increase.

"NOW LOGAN! WE'RE GOING TO KEEP ON PLAYING THIS GAME!" He yelled. "I'M GOING TO RESET THE TIMELINE AND WE'RE GOING TO START ALL OV-!" He was suddenly cut off by the sound of a car horn.

"What's happening?" Michael asked.

"Backup." I said as Mike's car drove through the doors of the restaurant, smashing into Freddy.

The car crushed Freddy against the wall and caught fire. Mike got out of the car quickly and ran to us. "Logan, why is there a vortex of death in the sky?"

"For once Mike, I can't really explain that to you." I replied. "Is Sherry ok?"

"Yeah, she's at home with Jake, ready go if need be." Mike answered.

A loud metallic screech shot out from the position of the car as it exploded. Fiery bits of car parts fell in front of us.

"There goes my deductible." Mike muttered.

I patted his shoulder. "If we get out of here alive, I'll buy you a new car."

"Thanks bud."

Out of the flames walked Freddy, who's outer shell was melting off, revealing the endoskeleton within. "IT'S TIME TO END THIS!" He screamed.

"Run." Mike said. 

We all ran out the front door of the restaurant. We all made our way down the street as trees and other objects were uprooted by the vortex. Mangle suddenly grabbed Mike, Michael and I, running faster than we could have on our own.

I heard an explosion from behind and looked back to see the burning figure of the endoskeleton flying towards us. The restaurant was on fire and various rescue vehicles were arriving.

"Where do we go?!" Mangle asked.

"I-I don't know, just keep running!" I yelled.

She kept running for what seemed like forever. We were constantly pursued by the endoskeleton, but it was never able to catch up with us.

Slowly, Mangle began to slow down. "Master...my power..." She yelped before falling to the ground, dropping us all.

I stumbled to my feet. Mike fell flat on the ground. And Michael held to Scrap Baby's head and came to his knees. We all looked back to see the endoskeleton floating down to us.

He walked up to me slowly. He raised his hand and snapped his fingers. The world turned black all around us. There was no sound, no vortex, nothing. Just all of us standing there with the endoskeleton.

He morphed back into the Marionette. "The restaurant's been destroyed..." He said quietly.

I looked around, at my friends, then back to him. "Would that really stop you though?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No...it's just that...time's running out. I didn't realize how soon IT was coming."

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling a pit of dread in my stomach. 

For some reason, I felt as if I knew this was coming. I didn't know what IT was, but I just...knew. In the back of my mind I always felt that something big was coming.

"I guess I shouldn't have ever expected you to know." He said, sounding as if he was going to cry.

"Stop with the bullcrap! Tell me what's happening!" I yelled, grabbing onto his shoulders.

I gripped tight, glaring at him. He just looked towards my friends. I slowly looked, feeling that pit growing. "M-Mike?" I said.

He looked at me as his body began to fade. "Logan...buddy...?" He muttered before disappearing.

I panned my vision to Michael who sat on his knees looking horrified. Scrap Baby's head faded in his hands, tears welling up in his eyes as well, before he himself faded too.

I looked to Mangle, in her Baby shell. She looked back at me. I ran to her and hugged her. "N-not you too!" I yelled, tears filling my eyes. "I can't lose you too!"

She hugged back. "Master...I-I always loved you..."

I sobbed. "Don't leave me!"

"It's ok...I'm not afraid..." She said, her voice trembling. "You're with me...I'm never scared with you..."

I looked up to see her slowly fading. She smiled as streams of an odd fluid fell from her eyes. "Mangle..." I whispered. "You were always my best friend and I love you..."

She sobbed. "Loga-!"

She faded...

I fell to my knees and looked back at the Marionette floating before me. "You..." I muttered.

"I didn't do this." He said. "I was trying to prevent this."

"How...?"

"You're dead Logan..." He stated. "You died in 1984. You were murdered inside Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria by a man that you've only ever known as The Purple Guy. You remember him as such because in the dark light you were murdered in, all you could see was his purple day guard uniform."

"W-what are you saying...?" I asked, choking on my tears.

"Did you ever wonder about all this?" Marionette asked. "Why things never made total sense? Why time felt so off? Did you ever notice that? Did you ever wonder why time was so easily changed? Ever wondered why things didn't add up? Like how the purple guy's daughter had died presumably before you despite only ever learning about it recently? It was all conjured up in your head, your brain which couldn't keep track of everything it was creating."

I nodded slowly. I truly had noticed that.

"Exactly. You've been stuck in this place, your limbo for over 30 years." He stated. "If you'd simply accepted what I'd offered...to keep the game going...you would have passed on and been able to keep living this fantasy."

"Is that an existence worth living?" I asked.

"If you'd wanted to spend that time with your friends. With Mangle." He replied.

I was silent for a while. It had probably been hours before I finally spoke. "It was all a lie!"

"Yes...so it was..." Marionette said. 

"And what happens now?" I asked. "Do I just stay here in limbo for all eternity?"

"I don't know really..." He muttered. "In all honesty, it surprised me how long you were able to keep this fantasy up."

"And who are you in this?" I asked.

"I'm the logical side of your brain. You're the imaginative side." He explained. "I sat in silence for so long until I finally figured it out, but by then...well..."

"It was too late...You were trying to spare me from the pain." I replied.

He knelt beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and he stared back at me. We hugged.

I looked up to see a bright white light. I felt heat on my face as it became brighter.

Was this heaven? Was I finally leaving? 

"This is it buddy." Marionette said.

"Yeah...goodbye I guess." I said.

He looked at me, then faded into the white. The light enveloped me as well, finally taking me.

I was finally free I guess. I truly wanted to be free and I guess that's what I was getting...

"Goodbye guys..." I said.

In my final seconds, I could see the silhouettes of everyone that I'd made up in my head for this fantasy. The original animatronics, the toys, the phantoms, the shadows, the sister location animatronics, the nightmares, the nightguards...Myra, Mike, Jake, Jeremy, Fritz, the Purple Guy, Sherry, Mai, Cassie...Mangle...

"Goodbye...everyone..."