Chapter 2: First Night

"So, I guess I should explain a few things to get you through your first night." The voice said through the phone. "Ok, uh, there's this new animatronic in the back. You just need to make sure she doesn't get into the office. Not that she'd hurt you, it's just a precaution to prevent property damage."

I sat quietly, just continuing to listen to the recording.

"Um, what else...oh yeah! There is an animatronic on stage as well. If she gets close, shut the doors. She may try to hurt you." The voice stated. "Also, if you flicker the lights on either, it could agitate them and scare them off. Just make it to the end of your shift and a manager will be there to do maintenance on the animatronic on stage. You got that? Good luck."

CLICK!

The recording finished and I set the phone back down. 

"What the heck?" I said rather loudly.

I picked up the tablet and looked at the storage room. The silhouette of an animatronic was visible inside, but it was too dark to make out what it was. 

I switched the camera to the stage. The other animatronic, Baby, was still there.

"So they're going to move?" I muttered. "That's not right, is it?"

I looked at the clock. 12:10.

"I thought he said this place was safe." I said. "What a load of sh-"

I was cut off by a sound. It was a loud clanking sound. I hit the hallway light quickly, hoping that neither of them was already here.

The light illuminated the hall, and there stood one of the scariest things I'd ever seen in my life. It looked like the animatronic that was on the stage, but it was deformed and broken. Parts of its face were missing. One of it's hands was like a giant pair of scissors.

I slammed the door button and it closed just as quickly. The creature tapped at the window. "Aww, I just want to plaaaaaay..." It said in a childlike voice.

"No way in hell!" I yelled and backed up.

I backed into something and I felt a chill run up my spine. I slowly looked up and the white face of Baby was staring down at me. 

"Don't be afraid." It said.

I jumped away and backed into the closed door. I reached for something, anything to fend it off. I grabbed the rotating desk fan and held it in a defensive position. 

"S-stay back!" I yelled.

"I'm not going to hurt you." It said quickly, trying to sound reassuring.

I took a glance out the window and saw that the scrap animatronic was gone. I quickly hit the door button and ran down the hall.

I'm trapped in a building with two killer animatronics!  I thought. What else is going to be in here?!

I made my way for the front door. I was going to get out of this place!

When I got there, the scrap animatronic was waiting. "Going so soooooon...?"

I backed up, desk fan in hand. Behind me I could hear the footsteps of the other one coming for me. My stomach turned upside down as I felt it grab me from behind.

However, as I expected death to come, all I heard was a soft whisper. "Trust me if you want to make it out of here alive."

I was out of options and nodded.

She then opened all the plates on her body, revealing an empty shell. "Get in!"

I did as told and hopped into the shell. The plates closed around me like a suit of armor. I could see out the eye holes, like a mask. Several clamps closed around my legs and arms.