Fighting Fire

Meltdown was eyeing the dragons with a sizzling smirk. His hands were pointed at the dragons, drops of acid slipping down to drip onto the floor and burning the tile. Green steam rose from him as the toxic substance pooled ominously on the floor.

Bumblebee tensed beside his team as they stared down Meltdown. Blitzwing was squinting his eyes against the burning in his side from the hit he received earlier, trying to keep a menacing face in play. Bumblebee glanced behind him at the door. The handle was basically melted and was dripping on the floor. No handle, no escape.

"What do you want from us, creep!" Bulkhead yelled.

"Isn't it obvious?" Meltdown said, "I want to rid this planet of you machines once and for all." The dragons narrowed their eyes. Meltdown had always found humans superior to robots. The scientist Meltdown had once been, Prometheus Black, had tried to prove this superiority by creating bio-enhanced humans to fight off evil forces. Though, the experiments malfunctioned, and Black had forever sworn to prove that humans would always surpass robots, and after a lab accident, Black had become powerful enough to even harm the robots and burn right through their metal.

Meltdown smiled, "My acid could burn through your insignificant metal plating, but it was never enough to end you...now..." his hands began to steam with green fumes, "It's time to show the world how weak you all truly are!"

Meltdown blasted the acid at Bulkhead.

The other dragons scattered while Bulkhead stood wide eyed at the incoming blast. Optimus tackled Bulkhead to the ground out of the acid's path and yelled when he hit the ground and bounced a few feet away. The Prime got to his unsteady feet while Meltdown laughed.

"Oh my, it seems you all are even weaker then I thought!" He looked at Optimus who was lifting his broken arm off the ground carefully, "Don't worry, I'll make this quick."

He raised his hands and shot acid into the air. The burning substance came raining down on the dragons as they scattered to duck under tables and consoles. Sari screamed on Bumblebee's back and covered her head. The yellow dragon yanked her off and dived to duck under a lab table before any drops could hit them.

Optimus reacted almost instantly. He reached at Bulkhead next to him and shoved the green dragon under the table next to Bumblebee. He darted to one of the computer consoles and punched the screen, making the monitor fall over and hit the floor creating a cover underneath. He whipped his head to the dragons as the acid began to rain down.

"Over here!"

Ratchet heard and tugged Prowl beside him as they slid underneath the cover.

Blitzwing saw what Optimus had done and ran to another console doing the same move. He hissed as acid rained down on his scales and knocked over the monitor as quickly as possible. He and Lugnut dived underneath. Lugnut looked up and gasped.

"Master!"

Megatron and Starscream were in the middle of the room with no nearby places to hide. Megatron grabbed Starscream and flared out his wings. He yanked the seeker underneath and growled when the acid rained down. Starscream was protected under Megatron's wings and frantically looked around for a place to hide.

Optimus hissed at the acid raining on his scales. The Prime felt a tug on his arm and looked over to see Blackarachnia wincing as the drops hit.

"Optimus, we've got to move! He's going to make it rain harder than it already is! We need to find cover!" She growled when one drop hit her snout and steam rose from the spot, "These scales are tough, but the acid will burn through soon!"

Optimus contemplated for a moment. "Burn through..." he looked back at Blackarachnia, "Find somewhere to hide, I have an idea!" The Prime raced off into the center of the rain and Blackarachnia called after him to no avail. She was about to run after him when Waspinator tugged her arm from behind.