New Arrival

The meteor-like object was careening through the sky straight toward Dinobot island. The fire surrounding the object obscured whatever it was. Well whatever the object was, Bumblebee was sure it wouldn't feel good when it struck them head on.

"What is that thing?" Sari shouted. The roar of whatever was falling was making it hard to hear. The winds picked up making the trees and shrubs shake.

"I don't know and I don't want to find out!" Bumblebee shouted back, crouching over the human girl.

Starscream narrowed his ruby red eyes at the object coming in fast. Sky trajectory was his element. The skinny seeker glanced at Megatron, "That thing is heading toward our location. Even if we fly we won't be able to get out of its blast range once it hits. We need a barrier."

"We don't have time to build a barrier to block out the blast back!" Bulkhead panicked.

Optimus was thinking, his blue eyes scanning the island around him, "We don't need to build one..."

"We've gotta move, Prime!" Ratchet hissed. Optimus waited a moment before he nodded beside him. Bumblebee knew that look. Leader mode activated.

"Autobots! Decepticons!" Optimus called, he pointed his good arm toward the odd mountain shapes in the distance, running distance to be exact, "Head toward the high rocks! Find the closest boulder to you that will hold against the blowback! We can make it there if we go fast and now! Now, Roll out!"

Starscream was the first to bolt into the forest toward the rock formations. He raised his claws and slashed his way through the trees and shrubbery, clearing a path for the dragons who followed suit. Optimus waited in the ravine until each one disappeared into the forest. Blackarachnia stopped to glance at him before disappearing too. Bumblebee snatched Sari and threw her into his back, running into the plants. Megatron and Optimus were left.

Optimus looked to the warlord, "Go, Megatron. I will just stay for a moment longer to look for its precise range." The Prime said, tracking the object in the sky with his eyes, stepping back to get a better look.

Megatron hesitated. His blood red eyes trailed down Optimus' brightly scaled face down to a slightly more discolored place in his acid burned chest. The spot where the Matrix of Leadership resides...

"Leave now, Megatron! I will follow in a moment! That 'meteor' doesn't look right." Optimus watched the object curiously, taking a few more steps back toward their escape route. The object's heat was beginning to prick on Megatron's scales.

I need that Matrix...

"You have to promise me you'll get out of blast range, Prime"

Optimus tore his eyes off the object to send Megatron a confused look. Why would Megatron of all bots care whether he would be safe?

"...I promise."

Megatron stood for a moment, nodded his head, and dashed into the forest after the others. Optimus watched him go and turned back to the object. The Prime frowned.

That was no meteor.

Bumblebee could hardly keep his eyes open as he ran through dinobot island. Stray vines and sticks kept peppering his snout as he tried to keep his focus on Starscream's swishing violet tail in front of him. Bumblebee decided it was best he follow the seeker rather than get lost in the forest trying to reach the rocky hills.

The others were following their own paths to the rocks. Starscream and himself was the fastest of all the dragons, so they were most likely the ones to reach the hills first. The others were lagging behind, but Starscream seemed to believe they would make it before the blast range could hit them.