Cold Front

Sorry in advance! This chapter is slow and long, I know, I just needed to make a transition to get back to the action and keep the plot moving. I just kinda filled it with character stuff for now, scrappy job I know, I'll try to improve, so sorry again! Jic Happy reading! I won't keep you any longer!
-Lord Starscream

The crisp night air was freezing cold to say the least. A slight breeze drifted through the dark forest making trees sway in the wind. It was very dark outside only saved by the light of the stars and moon in the sky, casting a silvery glow over the three dragons shivering under the cover of tall pine trees.

Megatron, Optimus, and Bumblebee had just escaped the crumbling building and a very angry ball of acid. Now here they stood trying to catch their breaths before going to look for the others.

Optimus in particular was having a hard time steadying his breaths. The blue and red dragon was scrunching his eyes tight against the burns all along his chest and arms. One arm was clutched tightly to his chest while the other was keeping him steady on the ground. Megatron was watching the Prime with unreadable eyes. Bumblebee tensed anyway.

"...Ok..." Optimus started, beginning to stand, "...we should begin searching for the others. They can't have gotten far, simply far enough to be a safe distance from the-"

The Prime winced as he took a few steps towards the forest. Megatron and Bumblebee widened their eyes.

"...building."

"Optimus," Bumblebee chimed in, "maybe we should take a rest before looking for the others. It's freezing out and maybe it's best we get used to the cold."

"The bug is right, Prime." Megatron said moving to step in front of the Autobot leader, "It's risky to go looking for the other by ourselves in the dark in these temperatures."

Optimus narrowed his glowing blue eyes at Megatron, "With all due respect, Megatron, my team is waiting for me. I must reach them before something else does." The blue and red dragon made to walk around Megatron, but the warlord moved in front again.

"How far do you think you'll get like that?" He said gesturing to the burns. "You'll collapse before even making it half a mile."

"I appreciate the concern, but I have dragons who are counting on me. I must go."

"There is no concern for you, Prime." Megatron said sourly, "I simply know I can't show up to your team without you with me. That could arise unwanted suspicions."

Bumblebee growled at Megatron, but Optimus seemed unfazed by the complete disregard of his safety and continued to try to pass Megatron.

"Wherever the warnings are coming from, I choose to politely ignore them." The Prime sighed. His eyes betrayed his words with the exhausted look they were trying to hide. Dark circles hung under the cerulean blue and his wings drooped. No doubt getting burned by acid and breaking a bone while fighting the leader of the dinobots takes a lot of you.

"I cant let you do that, Prime." Megatron stated expanding his wings to block the way.

"Please, Megatron, I'm afraid that's not your call. Now, let me pass so I...so I can...I need..." Optimus swayed on his talons making Megatron shoot his arms out to catch the blue dragon before he hit the ground. Bumblebee gasped and raced to his leaders side. Megatron shook his head.

Optimus coughed out, "We have...to find them." He was leaning heavily on Bumblebee and Megatron, barely conscious.

"We'll find them, Prime." Bumblebee said, "We'll be reunited in no time!"

Optimus nodded slightly with his eyes closed. Megatron was holding the smaller dragon up so he wasn't lying flat on the ground. Bumblebee caught the warlord's eyes and smirked.