Chapter 1: His name is Derek

It was a beautiful spring day, myself and my best friend Kayla are on our way to school when I tripped on a rock and fell on my face, Kayla put her hand out then said "are you ok Lily?" I took her hand "yeah, I'm fine" and we went on our way to school. When we got to class the teacher said "ok class, today we have a new student joining us" we all looked to the door when a boy walked in. There's something different about this boy, he has short black hair that covers his right eye, he's wearing a black hoodie with matching pants and his eyes are golden yellow. Just then he spoke " my name is Derek Hellforce, it's nice to meet you all." The teacher told him to take a seat wherever he wanted and all the girls tried to get him to sit next to them or they were giving up their seats, but he took a seat in the back corner of the room, then the teacher started the lesson. Once class was over I got all my books and went to leave the room but I tripped and my books went everywhere, I sighed then quickly picked up my books and I was late for my next class. Finally school was over, Kayla and I were walking home like we always do and like always I tripped, Kay helped me up and said "you have the worse luck I have ever seen" "I know, one of these days I'll end up dead" "don't think like that Lily!" I just nodded and we continued on our way home. Once we got home we said our goodbyes then I went inside, I put my bag down then went to make dinner. After dinner I walked outside, locked my door then walked down to the park and sat under a tree, thinking of everything that has happened today I took out my journal and wrote.
Dear Mom and Dad
      Today was a normal day at school, I fell about ten times. Why do I have such bad luck? I wish you were here to help me. Oh we also have a new student in my class his name is Derek, but I feel like something is off about him and it doesn't help that his eyes are golden yellow, it's like they glow. Anyway I'm doing fine and I miss you both so much. Well I should go, until next time
                                       Love your
                                             Daughter Lily
I put my journal in my bag and got up to leave, as I was walking me being me I bumped into someone "sorry" I muttered and looked up to see golden yellow eyes. I bumped into Derek could this day get any worse, he looked at me then said "your in my math class right?" I nodded "could you help me with the homework?" "sure" "ok thanks, let's go" wait he meant now? oh well. We got to a small cafe and went inside, we sat down and he took out his books then we got started. After about an hour we finally finished the work, Derek looked at me and said "thanks, um what's your name?" "oh sorry, I'm Lily" "well thanks Lily" he smiled then I looked at my watch and said "it's getting late, I got to go" "oh, ok see you later" I nodded then left the cafe. When I got home I put on my PJ's, climbed into bed and went to sleep.