{17} Rain In Autumn☔🍂

🐺Chapter 17🐺
Rain In Autumn

   It just so happens that rain is falling during autumn, which is very rare. I had to run inside and cancel heaping up the fallen leaves and make compost for the soil to keep it rich until spring so we can plant fruits and vegetables again.. Looking at the orange scenery sprinkled with rain reminds me of Ame and myself...
And the thought came to mind, I should go up in the hills with Natsu and Fuyu  and talk with their dad, but what is there to talk, what am I thinking? There's a lot talk about.. "Moom!!" Natsu and Fuyu came speeding down the hall, "Who's taller? Fuyu or me?" Natsu asked,"I don't know, well, let's check your measurements.." I got up and pulled out a pencil, "Natsu, come.." He came and he stood by the wall, I marked off his height and called Fuyu and marked his also.. "Well, Natsu, you're only taller than your brother by an inch. That's nothing much.." I gave them the results, "Good, now he knows his height he'll stop arguing.." He said with his cute little bad vibe, "I'm still taller though.." He fired back, "By an inch.." They bumped their foreheads together, as though their ready to brawl, "Hey! No arguing, you both are brothers. Live in love and not hate, because when we're gone, you're by yourselves.."
"Yes, mommy.." They looked down in shame and guilt, "Now, huh each other and say you're sorry.." I demanded, "I'm sorry.." The duo apologized and hugged each other, "I'm proud of both you, come here.." I gave them both a big hug, "How about we go up to your dad, huh?"
"Yay!!!" We left and made our way up into the hills, "Go call your father.." I told them as I sat in the grass, "Okay!" They ran off in search of their father.
I was startled when I felt slender arms snaked around me, it was Ame..
"Oh, Ame- you startled me!" I gently shoved him, he laughed. "So, how are you doing with the kids?"
"They're good, they're getting along pretty good, Fuyu can transform from human to wolf with no compilation oh, they're growing so fast!"
"Yeah, soon they'll be men, ready to make they're own decisions.."
"When did you make your decision to become the next alpha for the forest?"
"Ten.."
"Oh..." That made me think, if Ame made his own choice at the age of ten, what about Natsu and Fuyu? Would they make their choice at the same age, or older, or even younger?  "Are you okay, Anbā?"
"Oh- uh.." I stuttered,
"What were you thinking about?"
"I was thinking, if you made up your mind at ten, when will they make up theirs? Younger? Same age? Older?" Ame sighed, my eyes began to water. "I don't want them to leave me so young, I don't- I don't want them.." Ame wrapped his arms around me and shook me, "I'm not sure if that'll happen years to come but please don't cry.."
He then pulled me into a tight embrace, "Look at me,"
"If they choose to be up here with me, I'll watch every step they make, the other animals will as well and report back to me."
"And what about it they choose to get jobs and go to the city?"
"It has Yuki and Sohei to watch them."
"You think too much, clear your mind.." He pressed his forehead against mine.
"Breathe.." I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, and let relaxation take control of my mind, "How are you feeling?"
"Much better.."
"No one says you can't think, but don't think too much.." He pecked my lips, "Ewww~!" Natsu and Fuyu gagged, "Come here, you two!" Ame grabbed them and we both began to kiss them.