{19} Fuyu and The Dire

🐺Chapter 19🐺
FINALE!!!!
Fuyu and The Dire

**Ten Year Timeskip**

It's been ten long years of learning, exploring, loving, crying, growing, playing and scolding, look at where they are.
They are strong, Good looking and smart young men, prepared for anything the world throws at them well, not really... We are now thirteen years of age, their cousin, Aki is ten. She comes to play with them on weekends and holidays too!

🐺🐺🐺

While Aki and Natsu were fooling around in the snow, Fuyu snuck away and headed down by the river. The one Ame went when he saw a colorful bird. He sat on the riverside, kicking his feet about in the cold water. He glanced up to see a wolf five times his size taking a drink of water, the waves of the water reflected on its silver eyes, its fur was white as the snow in the surroundings, in other words it was a beauty.   
After wriggling its nose to an unfamiliar scent, the wolf raised its head, giving eye contact to the one before it. The wolf stepped over the river and stood right before Fuyu, "H- hi there.." He whispered expressionlessly in a puff of warm air, the great white wolf gave him a sniff, trying to recognize if it was what it smelled  before. 'It has the horrible human smell and that of a wolfs' it thought, the wolf transformed itself into a human and it was a girl.
She had long, luscious white hair, a white gown and she looked around the same age as Fuyu,
"Y- you're one of us too?"
"I should be asking you the same thing.. I thought I was the only one." 
"There are more of us, there are my father, my brother, my aunt and my cousin."
"Oh, okay.."
"Where are you from?"
"Those mountains over there.."
"You can come live with us!"
"What are you living in, a cave or something?"
"No, a house. But my dad lives in the forest in the hills."
"Aren't you.. Afraid of the humans trying to get you?"
"My mother's a human, a-and my uncle and my grandmother.."
"What's your name?"
"I- it's Fuyu, what's yours?"
"Ivory, I'm a Dire, that's why I'm bigger than you.
Telling by your features, you're about thirteen, am I right?"
"Y-yeah, I am."
"Come run with me, there's so many things I want to show you!"

🐺🐺🐺

"Haha, take that Natsu!"
Aki threw a ball of snow at her cousin, Natsu.
"Ah, you're not gonna win this time!!"
"I already have!"
"Aki, Natsu, Fuyu, come inside. It's dinner time!"
"Coming mom!"
"Coming, Aunt Anbā!"
They ran inside, taking their place at the dinner table. "Wait where's cousin Fuyu?"
"What, he isn't here?"
"I'm home, mother."
"Ah- where were you? I was so worried!"
"I apologize mother, I was  swimming down by the river and I lost track of time." He apologized,
"What matters most is that you're here, go have a seat." Aki ate up all her food and immediately went to bed, "See ya later, bros.." She said, leaving Natsu and Fuyu alone at the table. "What's  wrong, bro you barely touched your food."
"When I was swimming down by the river, I ran into a wolf."
"Huh, what did it look like?"
"It's a she, and she's a dire wolf."
"A dire.. What?"
"A dire wolf is the largest wolf ever known to man, they are mostly found in snow but they're supposed to be extinct." Anbā said, "So, what happened?"
"She wants me to run away with her in the mountains."
"What about Aiko?"
"I never really liked her.."
"So what, you're gonna run away with some giant wolf and leave your family behind? Are you outta your mind!?"
"Just like how we visit dad I can visit you guys too!"
"Do you even know anything about her!?"
"Her name is Ivory, she's older than us by six months, she's an orphan and she has no loved ones!"
"

Those are basic things, is that all you know about her??"
"You two stop this, now!!" Their mother yelled, they paid no mind.
"Yes I do, but it'll be too much for your narrow mindset to process!"
"Wha- ugh!!" Natsu pounced at his brother, turning into his wolf form. They clawed and bit each other mercilessly.
"Stop it, stop it!!" Anbā yelled, trying to pull them apart but failed, Aki clung to her leg and cried nonstop.
*TEARR!!!"*
Out through the paper door was a great, white wolf flung Ame onto its back and subdued Natsu.
"Ahhhhhhh!!" Aki ran away screaming,
"F- F- Fuyu, i- is this your friend you told me about?" Anbā asked shakily, bracing herself against the kitchen.
"Yes mom, meet Ivory, the Dire Wolf." The wolf swifty transformed its lush white fur into skin,
"Ame, what was the ruckus about?"
"My brother thought I was leaving my pack behind to go with you."
"Oh, I understand.."
"Look Ivory, you don't have a family, right?"
"No.."
"Well for the time being until you're adults, you can stay with us. And in the morning, we're going up to see Natsu and Fuyu's father to see what he thinks. Go to bed, I'll clean this mess, Ivory stay right here.."

🐺🐺🐺

When Anbā was done cleaning up the ruckus her sons made, she talked with Ivory.
"This must be strange, being in a house with people you don't know besides Fuyu."
"No not exactly, you're wolves right? So I feel like I'm home."
"Haha, good to hear. Come let's get you cleaned up."
Anbā prepared a tub filled with warm water for the little wolf girl.
"Take your clothes off and hop in, it's just us girls here." Ivory did as told, she tilted her head back, enjoying the soothing warmth.
"So if you don't mind me asking, how were you orphaned?"
"Well, I was just a cub when it happened. It was  a blizzard that day, my mother and my father heard the voices of humans from below the hills, they left me in that cave alone to see the intruders. And... they... they never came back."
"I'm sorry, love. This must be so hard to cope with.."
"So how did you come about with making Natsu and Fuyu?"
"My, what a straight forward question. Well, I took a visit to the countryside at around autumn, I sudden breeze was blowing a certain direction as though it was showing somewhere to go. I looked here the leaves were blowing and it led up to a hill, I climbed the hill to see a forest. I wandered around that beautiful place, I pulled out my camera to take a photo of mountain hogs walking around with their young but then suddenly I was attacked!"
"*gasp!*"
"And when I fluttered my eyes open to see a wolf subduing me, it released me and I left. After that fateful encounter, I continued to back to see the wolf, months and months after the wolf began to trust me. One night on a full moon, that wolf revealed his human form to me.."
"Were you afraid?"
"No, I was a little shocked."
"What happened after?"
"You know, the grown up stuff. I met his mother and his sister, they accepted me, I got pregnant and I had those two little miracles.."
"Aww..."
"Come on, let's find you some warm clothing."