We're In Zombieland - Part 1

(This is ever-so-slightly late, I'm sorry, I've just been pretty busy today, I got some things for an Addison cosplay!

I'm splitting this one into two parts, there ended up being two distinct time periods to the story plus I really can't keep staying up ridiculously late writing every night (it's just after midnight as I'm posting this now). Part two should be coming on Saturday.

This one-shot was inspired by a post by Tumblr user luckycheesefoodie321 about BAMM. Part one is about how the song came to be, and part two will be about Zed using it to impress Addy in the movie. I had the idea that he tweaked a few lyrics to make it fit the situation with her better so I took a shot at what one of those lines might have been originally. This turned into being more about Bonzo than I intended but uh I ain't complaining~

ALSO I've been coming up with headcanons for the names of some background zombies and I'm starting to bring a few of those in. I'll be posting all of them on Tumblr tomorrow so you can go see who's who if you're curious!)

BAMM was theirs.

They created it as their own way to celebrate. The music was Bonzo's, the lyrics were Eliza's and the dance was Zed's, and from the moment Bonzo played it at his first zombie mash as DJ, it was all of Zombie Town's. BAMM became the sound of the zombie youth, their pride anthem. A gift to their community.

Then Zed met Addison.

Let's go back a little, first...

It was just over a year or so before the zombies were transferred to Seabrook High School, a regular day in Zombie Town. The three of them were at Zed's house, hanging out in his bedroom, and to say the least, they were bored. Out of their minds. Zed was sprawled out on his shopping-cart chair, long limbs hanging off in every direction. His eyes were closed. Eliza, sitting on the floor with her back against the bed, tipped her head back onto the mattress. Bonzo lay there, hands behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. He was mumbling something under his breath – not words, just sounds. Music. A song. Zed opened one eye and glanced at Eliza, who shrugged at him and turned back to Bonzo. Bonzo sat up, fully aware he had an audience now, and started beatboxing, tapping out a rhythm on his leg, then against the wall behind him with his fist. Zed and Eliza were soon bobbing their heads and getting more and more into it. Eliza shifted round to face Bonzo and once she got a hang of the beat, she was rapping, with Zed following along.

"You're in Zombieland!"

"What!"

"I'm in Zombieland!"

"What!"

"We're in Zombieland! Watch me do it like BAMM!"

Zed took the lead. Straightening up his chair, feet planted on the ground, he began finger-tutting. Eliza called back to him.

"You're in Zombieland!"

"What!"

"I'm in Zombieland!" the rhythm moved from his fingers to the rest of him.

"What!"

"We're in Zombieland!" he got up, full-on body-popping to Bonzo's beat, "Watch me do it like BAMM!" and threw himself down hard on his back, springing up again. Bonzo stopped and he and Eliza looked at each other in awe.

"Ohh, that was good...!" Eliza laughed, gesturing to Bonzo to keep going, "C'mon, pick it back up, gimme something."

"You wanna take the floor?" Zed smirked, stepping to one side and offering her the space.