Chapter 6- Mettaton! Mettaton! Mettaton!

Star's P.O.V.

I feel a quick puff of air as the scene turns from a light brown to a deep purple. Bright lights bring a stark contrast to the low bar lights at Grillby's.

"Ah! I see Sans heard my message!" A robotic voice says from out of my blurred sight.

My vision clears and I see the star of the Underground, Mettaton, (Don't tell him I said that. His ego is already bigger than a whale.) standing with a skeleton in a ridiculous outfit. I smiled at the oddly familiar sight of the crowds and the blinding stage lights. I noticed John's uncomfortable glances. My eyes were met by his, and I glanced away, embarrassed.

"Hello, darlings! Welcome to MTT Live! Here we have it! The newest talk of the Underground! Who's the new human we hear about? Why is the human here? We will find out TONIGHT Only on MTT LIVE!" Mettaton says.

Cheers erupt from the crowd as I smile as per usual.

"And tonight, it seems THE Star Shower Dreemer has joined us! Along with the hero of the Underground, SANS!"

Sans smiles and tries to hide his uncomfort, but he can't hide it from everyone. Mom has said that he hasn't taken to stardom well. I happen to enjoy it. I am the youngest royal currently. Though, it is slightly old news, beings that I was born 15 years ago. Can't say I'm too popular anymore. Mom said Sans enjoyed the spotlight being taken from him, though. I see the camera crew pan the camera back to John as he seems to get more and more nervous.

"So, my dearie, why are you here?" Mettaton asks.

John says nothing, and the crowd goes slowly silent, John stares at me, silently asking for help.

"Uh, he's here because he's here!" I say, breaking the dead silence.

Mettaton's death stare is enough to kill a normal person, but, luckily, I'm not normal.

"I know you want your attention Mettaton, but can't it wait a bit? Anyone here with eyes can see John's uncomfortable! And didn't Queen Toriel issue a 'No Hurting Humans' order years ago?"

"But, Star Shower, I'm not hurting him, am I?" Mettaton says through gritted teeth.

"Maybe not physically, but MENTALLY!" I say.

Oohs and awes erupt from the crowd, everyone loves a good conflict.

We give each other death-stares for a good few minutes, then Sans teleporters us to the backstage area.

"Perfect performance dear!" I hear as Mettaton shuts the door to the stage.

"Such lovely drama!"

I smile as Mettaton watches his ratings go up. Everyone loves a drama.

"Alright, let's get to the real action, dears." Mettaton says, looking at John, who seems utterly confused.

"John, as you might now, this is Mettaton. Sorry about that, everyone thinks me and Mettaton hate eachother, so we had to keep up the act." I say, apologising.

"I-it's fine. I just hate the spotlight." He responded.

I smiled and started catching Mettaton up. As expected, he then asked John for a interview, a more comfortable one, at least. John seemed relieved to no longer be in the spotlight. I feel horrid that he will be in the spotlight for at least a few years. Suddenly, as Mettaton finished, Impact bursts in, mouth running a million miles per hour, as per usual.

"OH! You're here! I just love your shirt. Your shoes are so cool! I've never met a human, well, except for Star, but she's just part human!" He starts rattling.

"You've met Mom!" I shout over him.

"Yea, but she grew up here! I've never met anyone from the surface! It must be so cool up there!" He says.

I smile and wait patiently as he goes on and on, John becoming more uncomfortable with each word. Finally, Impact calms. John seemed more relieved then when he knew I wasn't going to kill him with my swords. I smiled encouragingly, which got a quick smile back from John. John's smile returned when Impact started introducing himself and his dads.

Suddenly, John's face twisted in confusion.

"Wait, are you adopted or what? Don't you need a guy and a girl for that sort of thing?" He asked.

My face went bright red, "Yea, o-on the surface y-you do, b-but not here... Monsters p-procreate differently..." I said.

Mom had explained that to me, and I really don't feel like going into detail about it to anyone...

"O-oh..." He said, his face turning redder than mine.

Luckily, Impact saved us.

"Oh, Star! Don't we have practice tonight? Let's go, I need all the training I can get if I want to be the head of the R.G.T.P."

"Yeah... Let's go. John, follow us. You need training too. Not all monsters are as friendly as us."