Chapter 1 - Abused

A sixteen year old girl with medium lengthed curly hair, sat in the furthest corner of her room. Making sure she kept away from her brown, wooden bedroom door. Her knees were up to her face and her hands were crossed over the top. Her green eyes were peeking over them, whilst the bottom half of her face had vanished into her knees. She hoped with her heart that the doorknob wouldn't rotate. Her body was sat there, shaking in fear. The waterworks in her eyes were almost about to turn on and her throat vibrated as she quietly hummed to herself, relying on it to give her some form of comfort. The strike of the lightning startled the girl and caused her to gasp. Suddenly, her older brother burst through the door, holding something wooden in his right hand and stormed over to his crying sister. He grabbed her arms with a painfully tight grip to bring her to her feet, only to be knocked back down again as her brother swung his arm and hit her face. Her helpless body tried to lift herself up but the devil only brought her back down. The moist, metallic blood dripped from her mouth and onto the carpet. The man laughed as he walked back out of the room, pleased with himself. The almost soulless girl gave in on trying to get back up so she rested her body. Her fragile fingers picking at the carpet. Her cheeks were watery and she continued to hum to herself. Her arms were too weak to brush the brown curls out of her face so she left them. She felt no strength in her legs so the brunette made the decision of sleeping where she was. Eventually, the girl drifted off into a peaceful sleep. Sleeping was when she was calm and never felt afraid.

The next morning, was a Saturday morning. Normally this was the morning when all the birds sat on the teen's windowsill and check on her. Whenever they saw her in pain they soothed her with their sweet tunes. Slowly, the girl opened her eyes. She felt the warmth of the sun's rays upon her skin, feeling like it was healing her wounds. But the purple rashes and red cuts on her arms and legs still remained. The sun allowed her to push herself up so she was sitting. She smiled at the birds on the other side of the glass. Their music encouraged her to stand up. Her small friends then flew away once they knew their human friend was alright. The girl turned around and looked at her bedroom door. A little fear filled her when she grabbed the handle to turn it. Once she opened the door, the girl went downstairs and into the kitchen, where her brother was found making his breakfast. When he saw his sister standing in the doorway, he smiled. But it wasn't a sweet smile. It was more like a threatening smile. He never said anything to her, just continued making his breakfast. His sister wished she could stand up for herself, but she couldn't. She was too afraid. She felt like she wasn't strong enough. After her brother completed making his small meal, the teen got a glass from the cupboard and grabbed some orange juice from the white fridge. She didn't feel like eating. Every time she went to eat something, she felt like it would just be brought back up again. Carefully, the juice was poured, returned to the fridge and was carried around in the brunette's hand as she headed back upstairs.

"Where are you going," asked her brother who was now sat on the white, leather sofa. "I'm going back upstairs. Where do you think I'm going," the teen replied. The man shot her a look. "Don't talk to me like that. Have you not learned anything from your punishments?" The girl finally made eye contact with her brother. "I don't see why you call them punishments. I've never done anything to deserve all of this, you're just doing this for fun. Aren't you?" After what was spoken, her brother put down his food and stormed over to his sister, causing her to drop her juice and dash upstairs and into her room, closing the door behind her. "Don't ever give me that attitude, little girl," her brother spoke as he stood outside her bedroom door. He then swung it open and found his sister sat on her bed, like she was waiting for him. "Looks like you're gonna be punished again. Do you ever learn?" The girl stared blankly at him, waiting for him to do something. He then slammed the brown door and walked over to his sister, grabbing her by the hair. He then threw her on to the floor and flipped her over so she was laying on her stomach. "Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit. It'll hurt a lot," he whispered in her ear. The green eyed girl didn't reply and her brother then undid his belt...