Chapter 5 - No Rest

Leon ran over to Snooki after seeing her on the floor. "Snooki? Are you alright? Did they attack you?" He helped the girl to her knees and she replied, "I thought I saw..." She stopped. "What did you see," Leon asked. Snooki stuttered, "I-I thought I saw... Someone. I couldn't see who it was, but I know I saw someone." Leon put his arm around her shoulder. "Come on. Let's get back to the village and check on everyone." Once the both of them got to the village, they came across a small number of injured warriors. Snooki knelt down to one of the huntresses. "It's ok, you'll be alright. Once we get this patched up you'll be healed in no time." The huntress smiled and Snooki received a bandage from one of the people and wrapped it around the wound. The girl flinched from the pain but it was soon killed. She thanked Snooki, making her smile. Snooki then went over to Xian, where she found Leon. She had a severe stomach injury. "Don't worry Xian, you'll get through this. You're one of my best warriors," Leon said. Xian was coughing and spluttering, thinking if she was going make it. "Just keep putting pressure on the wound and you'll be ok. I promise," the boy added. Snooki knelt down and helped to sooth Xian. "You're going to be ok. Don't worry." Other people of the village came over to Xian so Leon and Snooki both stood up and walked away. "You really care about her, don't you," Snooki said as she followed Leon to the arena. "She's one of my best warriors. She even saved my life once. I've never doubted her." Snooki said with a small smile, "She's gonna make it. Me and you both know she will." Leon smiled as he knew she was trying to keep him happy. "Come on, I'll show you how to use a gun."

Leon and Snooki were standing on a medium sized yard that was behind the arena. Leon showed Snooki how to use the black pistol in his hand. He gave it to Snooki and stood closely behind her so she wouldn't accidentally hit him. With both hands, the girl firmly held the gun and pulled the trigger with her index finger. After shooting the gun, the girl fell back as she didn't expect the gun to bounce back at her. But Leon caught her. "Don't worry, you'll get used to that." Snooki stared into Leon's eyes and he stared back. The brunette started to feel calm, the same thing happened with Leon. He then helped her up to try and break the awkward silence between them. "Go on, have another go." Snooki walked a couple of steps forward and raised the gun. She kept her gun pointed at the green, glass bottle standing on the log. Leon carefully observed as she did so. When she was ready, Snooki tightly squeezed the trigger and the bottle shattered into a million pieces. The girl smiled as the boy applauded her with a smile on his face. "I'm amazed at how quick you're able to pick up on things. I guess you must be a really fast learner." Snooki looked up to see the sky filled with a shade of pink. "I guess the sunrise will be coming soon. I've never seen one before. I wonder if it's as beautiful as people make it out to be." No matter how warm it felt, it never seemed to melt any of the snow surrounding the teens. Leon then received an incoming call from one of the people. "Leon something's heading your way. Right where you and Snooki are standing, there's something coming. I don't think it's a friend." Leon thanked the hunter for informing him and he put the glass cube in his pocket. Snooki and Leon looked in the distance.

As they listened carefully, they heard a piercing screech. Snooki narrowed her eyes and saw something big and red swooping towards them. "Run!" Both of them started sprinting but they jumped to the side when the creature blew out a breath of fire. "Holy crap! Is that a dragon," Snooki asked. "How the hell are we supposed to kill that?" Leon looked at the teen. "We can kill it. I know we can. But first we need to get back to the village." Both of them got up and headed in the direction the dragon flew in. They got back to see hunters shooting and using their bullets whilst the huntresses fired their arrows so they didn't waste their ammo for their guns. Multiple times the dragon glided near the ground and knocked over people completely. Snooki made eye contact with the dragon and the beast stared deeply in her eyes. The dragon flew towards her and Snooki pulled out her gun but she jumped out of the way as a sea of fire was again released. She looked up and saw multiple people trying to flee but were stopped by a line of flames. Snooki felt like she couldn't get up. Around her she could hear screams and roars. She looked to her left to see someone screaming and crying as their tender skin was being attacked by fire. The sight was sickening. She could hear Leon say to her, "Snooki? Snooki, are you alright?" Leon helped her up and both of them looked towards the dragon, which was already staring at them. They knew what it was going to do so they both ran. Suddenly, the dragon blasted fire and both teens jumped to the ground and rolled to the side to dodge it. Snooki then kept her eyes closed as she had hit her head on something hard.