Chapter 11 - Free from the Mind

The teddy bear slipped from the girl's hand as she fell to the floor after being hit by her brother. "Haha, your weakness amuses me. You're not a fighter at all." After hearing the words spoken, the girl in the pink pyjamas and bruised face slowly stood back up and turned to her brother, who was now leaving her room. "Hey!" Her voice caused her brother to turn around and enter back through the doorway. "Oh yeah, you got up? What difference does that make? It doesn't make you any stronger. What? Did you all of a sudden feel like you achieved inner strength or something? Hahahahahaha!" The man then raised his hand to hit the brunette again. However, before his hand made contact with her face, her hand made contact with his wrist. After grabbing him, she pushed him against the wall. She used all of her strength to twist his wrist and break it. His screaming meant nothing to the girl and afterwards, she pushed him to the side so he fell and knocked over the girl's chest of drawers and the tv that was sat on top. She looked at her brother, who was now crying in pain. Blood dripped down his forehead after hitting if off the tv. The amused girl finally broke out a smile and walked out of her room. She walked down the stairs and out of the house. The first thing she heard were her guardian angels singing to her, telling her that everything was getting better. The curly haired brunette dragged her feet down the street with a smile permanently stuck on her face.

After half an hour of walking, the girl was stopped as a police officer came across her. "Sweetie are you alright? What happened to you," the officer asked. The girl didn't answer. She just kept smiling. "Honey? Can you hear me," the officer asked. There was still no response from the girl. She was stuck in a daydream. The officer spoke to the officer that was with him, telling him that the girl needed to be taken to the hospital for her wounds. "Ok sweetie, we're gonna take you to the hospital, get in the car." The girl didn't move. The only thing that did move, were her eyes as they slowly blinked. The officer tried grabbing her arm and shaking it but it just fell back in place beside her hips. The officer then guided her into the car and then got in the car himself. The girl rested her head on the window. She got funny looks from people when they walked past the car as they saw her abused and beaten face. Everything then started to move as the police officer started the car and reversed to turn the vehicle around. Everyone who looked at her thought she was just enjoying looking out of the window, but in her head was a completely different story. A story that no one else would understand. The girl slowly closed her eyes, but didn't fall asleep, then shifted to another world. Sprinting through snow, passing winter animals, Snooki ran and swung from tree branches. Once she finally ran out of breath, she swung from the last branch and landed in a kneeling position. She turned her head to face where she ran from. She slowly closed her eyes in sorrow.

Snooki turned her head to the direction she was running in and slowly got up when something caught her eye. She walked over to the edge of a mountain and overlooked everything it stood above. She could see animals the size of ants. A snowflake landed on her cheek as it slowly started snowing. Snooki looked into the distance and finally saw something she had never seen before. The sunrise. Snooki then smiled. A smile she could never show. She smiled at the sight and the feeling of finally being free. She never knew what it felt like before, but now she did. Finally she got a feeling of what it was like. It was a feeling that not many people could have. The girl sat down with her knees up to her face with her arms crossed over the top and rested her chin. Snooki still thought about Leon. If it wasn't for him, this wouldn't have happened. She always wished he was there so she could thank him. But even in this world she realised that she can't always get what she tried to achieve, no matter how hard she fought. Now Snooki could rely on herself when it came to difficult situations. She gained the weapons she needed, she fought. Now she was free from everything.