Chapter 3 - Training

Leon and Snooki soon ended up in some sort of village. The people wore similar clothes to Leon and the girl named Xian ran up to them. "Leon! We're glad you're back. If they started attacking us with you not here, I don't know what we'd do." Leon smiled. "Xian, you need to stop worrying every time I venture out. One day it's gonna get you killed." Xian had red hair that was tied in a high ponytail and she wore black armour. The people here either wore black or white armour. Was that for a specific reason or is that just the way it was? "Is this the girl you were talking about," asked Xian as she looked at Snooki. "This is her. She doesn't look like she's been trained or anything so I'm gonna take her to the arena," Leon replied. Xian nodded with a grin and then walked off. Leon told Snooki to follow him and they headed towards some sort of tent. It was brown and had patterns all over it. As they entered, Leon told Snooki "This is where we train people." Inside the tent were lots of crates filled with weapons and there were wooden figures that looked like mini scarecrows. One of the weapons that Snooki liked was the katana. Even from the distance she could clearly see her reflection looking back at her. "Alright, let's get you started." Leon held a dagger in his hand and demonstrated to Snooki what he wanted her to do. He threw the dagger at the mini scarecrows, hitting all of them in the face with just one throw. He gave it to the girl so she could try herself. She didn't get it with one go like him.

"Haha, don't worry kid. You'll get it eventually, just have another go." Snooki then focused her eyes on the wooden figure, not letting anything disturb her. When she was ready, she threw the dagger and it stuck into the face. Leon applauded her, "Good job! Now see if you can do that with the other two in just one go." Snooki again focused her eyes on the second wooden figure. She threw the dagger in a way that caused it to rotate in a circle. With that one go, she managed to hit the face again. Leon chuckled. Knowing what she had to do, the girl grabbed the dagger and before she threw it, Leon told her "Hold on! I have an idea. See if you can do it without looking." Snooki looked at him, "How am I supposed to do that?" Leon replied, "Your instincts should kick in. They should tell you where exactly it is. Go on, close your eyes." Snooki looked ahead of her and closed her eyes. She knew she wouldn't hit the figure but she tried anyway. After the dagger slipped from her hands, she heard it hit something. Opening her eyes, she saw that she again hit the face of the figure. Leon applauded the girl, "I told you that you could do it. You'll be able to aim at something without looking in no time. Let's move on to the next thing." Leon brought Snooki over to a crate that was filled with weapons. He took out two katanas and gave one to Snooki. She got the idea he was gonna teach her how to fight. "Don't worry, there's not gonna be actual violence," Leon told her. Then he taught her how to wield it and then began having small fights with Snooki.

After fifteen minutes of training, Snooki got the hang of the fighting. Leon was surprised at how fast the girl was able to pick up all of the moves. "You're good Snooki. I can highly doubt that someone could take you down easily." Leon had taught her how she can listen for footsteps or any other noise. Snooki headed over to the crate to put the katana back and quietly behind her, Leon raised his katana to see what Snooki was gonna do. Quickly, he went to hit her but Snooki guarded herself by hitting her katana against Leon's, causing him to stop. The boy smiled at how impressed he was. Snooki gave him a small grin as she knew he was testing her. "I taught you well. Let's go, I'll show you your room." Both of them left the arena and headed to a log cabin. From the outside it seemed pretty small, but it was hugely different on the inside. When they entered, Snooki's jaw dropped. It was like a mansion made from logs and wood. "How did you make this? From the outside it looked like a regular cabin." Leon chuckled at Snooki's reaction. "Trust me girl, this world is full of surprises. Follow me, I'll show you to your room." Snooki followed the boy upstairs, her eyes navigated the inside. Leon opened a bedroom door, this was Snooki's bedroom. It was big with a double bed, a huge red wardrobe and a fluffy carpet with the pattern of snowflakes scattered on it. "I hope this is alright for you. I've been saving this room for a special person." The girl looked at Leon as she felt the texture of the carpet. "This is more than alright. Thanks."

Leon left Snooki's bedroom to let her get comfortable. She opened her wardrobe to see it was filled with clothes and pyjamas. She smiled and after closing it again, she went over to her window. The window to the outside was very wide and tall. She had a clear view of The Winter Forest and was able to see small animals running around. But something caught her eye when she looked into the distance. After The Winter Forest, seemed to be land that was dry. Snooki could see burnt branches and no sign of water or any type of liquid. It seemed to be a very dark place compared to where Snooki was now. What was that place? Why was it in the state that it was?