Chapter 4 - The First Attack

Snooki sat on her window ledge and stared outside. The moonlight shone so bright that she was able to see almost everything in the forest. She looked up towards the sky and saw millions of shining stars, more than she had ever seen. She jumped a little when the doorknob turned. "Hey Snooki, are you alright? After dinner you seemed to hurry back up here." It was Leon. Snooki replied as she turned her back to him, "Yeah I'm fine, honestly. There's nothing wrong." Leon smiled, glad that there was nothing wrong with the girl. "So how do you like this place? It's not too over crowded for you is it?" Snooki grinned, "No, it's fine. I like it here. For once I feel like I've found my home." Her sentence caused Leon to sit opposite her on the brown ledge. "Where is your home? What's it like?" The girl frowned and looked towards her knees. "I don't remember my home. I don't even remember how I ended up in that forest. All I remember is waking up and seeing you." Leon gave her a glass cube. The same one she saw him use when he first found her. "What's this?" Leon replied, "It's what we use to communicate around here. It's like a phone. Remember when I used this when Xian was calling me?" Snooki nodded. "I thought that since you're with us, you could do with one. It helps especially if we're ever separated." The brunette put the cube in her pocket on the left of her skirt. Snooki then asked as she turned her head to look at the dark area that looked even creepier at night, "Leon? What's that place?" Leon didn't need to turn his head as he knew what she was looking at.

Suddenly, a woman screaming came sprinting from the forest as she headed towards the small village. Leon and Snooki ran out of the bedroom and exited the building to meet the woman. She had blood all over her and kept on stumbling when she ran. "HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! THEY'RE COMING!" Leon ran towards the woman to try to sooth her and get her to calm down. However, Snooki heard the sound of small running paws heading in their direction. "Leon, something's coming." Leon looked up to see a pair of flaming red eyes. He backed away and the woman tried scrambling to her feet, but she was pulled down as an animal had leaped on to her. It was a wolf that looked exactly like the one Leon and Snooki encountered when in the forest. Snooki went to go and help the woman but Leon grabbed her arm to stop her. "Don't. We can't help her." Snooki watched as the demonic wolf sank his canines in the woman's tender skin and ripped off her flesh, causing her to forever bleed. Once the woman was no longer moving, the wolf looked up and stared at the two teens watching him. He growled before letting out a bloodcurdling howl to call the rest of the pack. "Quick! Run," Leon told Snooki as they ran to find safety. All of the Hunters and Huntresses appeared with their weapons, ready to fight. Leon brought Snooki to the arena to grab the katanas. "Now let's put your skills to the test," Leon said. The girl firmly held the katana in her hand and when the wolf charged towards her, she copied his move and charged towards him. She then slid under the wolf when it pounced and stuck the katana in the stomach. The wolf whimpered as it fell and Snooki forcefully pulled out the blade, causing it to lay motionless on the floor. Leon smiled at Snooki and both of them left the arena and went back outside.

The first thing they saw were the people of the village firing arrows in the wolves whilst others got close and personal with their blades. "We'll split up and help the people. It'd be quicker to eliminate the wolves if we're apart," Leon said. Snooki nodded and both of them went in opposite directions. Snooki found a huntress struggling to get the furry creature off her. The girl snuck up behind the animal and took a small dagger from the right of her skirt. Slowly she inserted it in the throat of the wolf. The wolf made an awful gargling noise and Snooki pulled out the dagger and threw the corpse to the side. She helped up the huntress and she thanked her. "You must be the stray Leon found. If it weren't for you I'd be dead, thank you." Snooki nodded with a smile and went to help other people of the village. Since she didn't know her way around, she had no idea where she had ended up. There were no people around. It was deserted. She quickly turned around as she heard multiple paws sneaking up on her. She knelt down and pulled out her bow and arrow and began shooting. However, before she could eliminate the final two, she ran out of arrows. She also kept getting distracted by screaming that she heard. Slowly the girl backed away whilst repeating, "Stay. Stay." Her words meant nothing to the wolves and one of them snarled causing both of them to charge. But suddenly, they stopped. Snooki heard a type of whistling noise. She looked around to see no one else. She looked back into the red eyes. Both of them growled before retreating and heading back into the forest.

Snooki then saw something staring at her in the dark. But this time it was a person that was watching her. She couldn't tell who it was, she could only feel his presence. He then disappeared and Snooki could no longer see him. Maybe he was the one who blew the whistle, but it sounded like it came from further away.