Chapter 2

Dad drives down the road for a while. “I have a surprise for you guys.” Dad slowly drove past a place where they sold Porsche. Sam began to freak out. “What kind of surprise? No, no, no, no, no, no Dad! You’ve gotta be kidding me?”

“No way Dad. Are you kidding?” I asked him. Dad turned to us both. “Yeah, I am. You guys aren't getting a Porsche.” Dad begins to laugh. “DAD!” I whined. “You think that’s funny?” Sam and I both say. “Yeah I think it’s funny.”

“What’s wrong with you?” I ask Dad.

 “What? you guys really think I’d get you a Porsche? For your first car?” I was really excited when I saw that Porsche. I already had my eye on one. But no. Like Sam said: 'Dream gone'. “I don’t wanna talk to you for the rest of the day though.” I said upset. “That was not a funny joke.”

 We parked at this...I don’t know what to call it. It looks like an overgrown gas station with many cars parked beside each other, and I mean a lot. They all look like old used cheap cars. A black guy with a hawaiian hat and shirt came out of the gas station not noticing us. “Manny!” He yelled.

“What?”

“Get your cousin out that damn clown suit. He’s having a heat stroke again. Scaring white folk.” I look over to the clown holding a sign. Then the clown spoke. “The suns hot. Make-up’s melting. Hurts my eyes.”

 Dad stepped out of the car, then Sam, and I followed. I held onto Sam’s arm. I just wanted to break something. I was this close to making my decision before Sam opened his mouth. “Here? No no no, what is this? You said half a car. Not half a piece of crap, dad.”

“Sam’s got a point dad.” I butted in.

“When I was your age I was happy with four wheels and an engine.” Dad tried to calm us down, but he always fails to do so.

"We arne't from your generation, dad. Times have changed."

 I turned to face dad. And I made sure he was looking at me in the eye. “Dad, let me explain something to you. Okay? You ever see 40 year old virgins?”

“Yeah”

“That...That’s what this is.” I point toward a beaten down car next to us. “And this is 50 year old virgin.” I showed dad the other car on our other side. “Okay.” Dad said.

 “You want me and Nataly to live like that?” Sam stuck to my side. And then Dad had to say our stupid family motto. “Kids, no sacrifice, no victory.”

“Yeah we got it dad.”

 The black dude walks up to us. “Gentlemen, and little lady.” He stuck his hand out to us, and my dad shakes it. “Bobby Bolivia like the contry except without the runs.” He lets out a weird laugh. “How can I help.” Sam and I turn to look at dad. “Well my son and daughter are here to buy their first car.” I look at Bobby who brings his hand to his heart.

 “You come to see me?”

“We had to.” I say. “That practically makes us family.” He sticks his hand out to me. “Uncle Bobby B. baby. Uncle Bobby B.” I shake it and I say my name. “Nataly. And this is Sam.” I point towards Sam and they shake hands. “Lemme talk to ya.” Uncle Bobby takes Sam bye the shoulder. I didn’t wanna stick around to see what would happen next, so I decided to look around. Nothing better to do here. I make a few turns looking at multiple cars that don’t grasp my attention. I make another turn and a yellow camaro with black racer stripes catches my eye.