Chapter 10

After the car ride, we were forced into a helicopter with a blond woman and a big black guy. We all had headphones and microphones attached to us, but all was silent.

“So…” Sam began.

“What’d they get you for?” The blonde asked.

“My sister bought a car...turned out to be an alien robot.” The black guy mouthed a couple words to himself. “Who knew.” Sam states.

I look out the window, only to hope that Bumblebee is alright. I let a tear roll down my cheek.

“Is she okay?” The woman asked looking at me. I didn’t bother turning. “Uhh…” Sam started. I don’t think Sam knew how to answer this so I did myself. I fight back tears. “No. I’m not okay. They took someone I really cared about.” I replied coldly. I keep my vision outside the window. “Who? Your car?” The woman asked. “He wasn’t just a car. He was my friend.” I couldn’t take it anymore. Thinking of Bee taken away from me...it’s just too much. Sam squeezes my hand.

The copter was silent until we landed. We are at a hoover dam. I watched my surroundings. Afraid that I’ll be jumped again. “It’s okay, Nataly.” Sam assures me helping Mikaela off the helicopter. I was stunned see the secretary of defence come out of another helicopter. We were brought to a row of familiar black cars. There was an edge to the dam. Sam and Mikaela looked down, but I stayed put. Still trying to fight back tears. We were quickly brought over to a large pillar thing with a couple of soldiers standing on the side.

“Attention! Present arms!” I’m guessing the leader said. Their arms go up to solute the secretary.

“At ease. Captain Sergeant. I got your intel, excellent work.” The Secretary stops in front of the captain and smiles. “Thank you sir. What about the gunships?”

“They’re being retrofitted with sabot rounds now.” The secretary named, Keller replied. “If they hit us again, we’ll be ready, but it won’t do us much good if we can’t get world communications back up.”

We continue forward to meet a familiar face...the creepy man from the car. I tighten my grip on Sam’s arm at the sight of him. Then, we were only a few feet away from him. I keep a steady glare.

“Hey kids. I think we got off on a bad start, huh?” I let go of Sam’s arm.

“You must be hungry.” He grabs Sam’s shoulder and shakes it gently. “You wanna latte, ho ho, double venti, macchiato?”

“Where’s my car?” I’m determined to get Bumblebee back. He doesn’t answer. A man with a mustache and sunglasses walks up to us. “Kids, I need you too listen to me very carefully. People can die here. We need to know everything you know, we need to know it now.” I nod and cross my arms. “Okay...but first I’ll take my car, our parents. Maybe you should write that down. Oh and her juvie record.” Mikaela’s head snaps up at the word. “That’s gotta be gone. Like forever.” I look at both men in the eye.

“Come with me. We’ll talk about your car.” The man with the mustache motions us to follow him. Mikaela looks at me. “Thank you.” She says. I nod my head toward her. We all follow the man keeping a quick pace behind the creepy man.

“Alright here’s the situation.” Simmons AKA creep began. “You’ve had direct contact with the NBE’s.”

“NBE’s?” A black military guy named Epps questions.

“Non-biological extraterrestrials. Try to keep up with the acronyms.” Simmons leads us into a dark tunnel. “What you’re about to see, is totally classified.” As we enter the tunnel, I gasp at what I saw. There was an entire team working on a giant iced robot.