Chapter 12

*Third person POV*

 Yes, Optimus was able to catch Sam, but not Nataly. It seems as everything just went slow motion for everyone as she descends onto the hard rocky ground. There was a blinding light coming from the cube, but really, no one cared about the cube. It was all about Nataly. How greatly they’ve failed her. Bumblebee, unable to watch, fights against the chains he’s tied to. With no luck at all, he falls to the ground and crawls toward her falling, delicate body. She makes contact with the floor with a loud thud and a slight crack. Sam comes rushing over to her lifeless body. “Nataly?!” Optimus had no time for grieve. Just looking at her body would kill him. 

 Optimus occupies himself by fighting off Megatron. Meanwhile, Nataly’s still body lays there, with the cube still in her hands. There are limbs that are in the wrong place. The back of her head is spewing blood in all directions. Eyes are open, and look lifeless. It looks as if she was actually staring at something, but death has its tricks.   

“Nataly? Can you hear me?!” Sam called out for her sister, but no response came. BumbleBee finally reaches her. Lennox, Epps, and Mikaela also join the crowd.

 “RATCHET!” Sam yells. He takes the cube from her limp arms and throws it aside. Not caring for anything but Nataly. He begins to perform CPR. Hands pressing into her chest. Mouth to mouth. He didn’t care how weird it was. She has to blink, to do anything again.  

“You're not dead, you're not dead. Come on!” Hands on chest. Mouth to mouth. “COME ON!” Sam did this for about five minutes, but he wouldn’t give up. Lennox brought a medical team over to help. Ratchet also came to help if he needed. 

“We can’t work here. Epps! Call for a chopper so we can take her to base!” Lennox calls out. Epps immediately takes out his walkie talkie and commands for a helicopter. 

“Ratchet! Take her there! Sam, you stay here with us.” 

Lennox and Epps lift up Nataly off the ground and place her in Ratchet’s gigantic hand. 

“No! I’m going with her!” A couple soldiers have to hold Sam back.

“Sam.” Mikaela pleads softly. 

“No. You take the cube and help Optimus!” 

Sam saw that he had no choice. So he stayed against his will with Mikaela. 

“I will take her back to base.” With that, Ratchet spins around and finally, the chopper comes into view. Ratchet shoots a couple fireworks for them to see him. Not that he really needed to do that. He was a big yellow machine. The chopper lands and Ratchet hurries over to the crew. 

“She’s injured badly. Medical attention right away.” Ratchet climbs in the(big enough to hold Optimus’s alt form) chopper and places Nataly’s body onto a gurney. Then he transforms into his alt mode and stays put while the doctors do their best. 

*******Meanwhile*******

The Prime gets up slowly off the ground, while Megatron does the same. 

“It’s you and me, Megatron.” Optimus says. Sam heads in the opposite direction of them.

“No, it’s just me, Prime.” Megatron disagrees. Sam climbs down to a ditch with broken pipes to avoid getting hit. 

“At the end of this day, one shall stand, one shall fall.” Prime declares before they began to brawl. Both Cybertronians stood up and threw fists at each other. A couple stones roll down to where Sam was, but he quickly brought his arm to his face to shield himself. Megatron picks Optimus up and throws him against a stone building. Optimus tumbles to the ground.