Chapter 13

I wake hearing some type of heart monitor beep. “Nataly?” I hear my name. I want to open my eyes, but I feel so much pain right now. Man I wish I could just heal. Come on! Heal! 

I feel a hand clutch mine and immediately feel the pain. I wince and a small groan escapes my mouth. The hand merges from my hand to my cheeks. 

“Nataly?” The voice belongs to Sam. I could never forget that. 

“Look!” Another voice says. “Her wounds! Their healing!” The voice says again. He’s right. The pain racing through my body, the way it hit me like several lightning bolts, it’s slowly going away. I’m still not opening my eyes though. There’s probably a super bright white light over me, and when I do open my eyes, I’d probably go blind. 

“Nataly. Wake up. Open your eyes.” 

What did I just say?! Oh wait, he can’t hear what’s going inside my head. I let out a loud groan and mentally roll my eyes. 

“No.” 

Laughter fills the room. What are they laughing at? 

“W-why not?” Sam says after recovering from laughing. 

“Because I know there’s a light that would probably blind me if I did.” I hear a low click and the light seeping through my eyelids vanishes. 

“You can open your eyes now.” By now, most of my pain is gone. The only thing I feel now is the same energy that I felt when--wait! Was that real? Did I actually see God, and Primus? ‘The cube's radiation/power was transferred into your body.’ I replay what Primus said before I came back. So, technically, I am a host. A vessel. Great! Good to know! 

I pull back my eyelids quickly, eager to see my brother’s face, my...dad’s, and BumbleBee. 

“Whoa!” They all say in unison. Whoa? Whoa what? Is there something on my face? What’s going on?

“Her eyes.” A doctor says. Well what the hell about my eyes? They’re the color of poop. Does anyone have a problem with that. And since when does anyone pay attention to people’s eyes when they wake up from death? The last person I’d expect to be astonished was Sam, but no. He too joins the crowd in awe. 

“What about them?” I ask sitting up. 

 “Natt, your eyes aren’t brown anymore.” Sam says taking hold of my hand. I didn’t flinch this time. 

“Nice try, Sam. I know you’ve never liked the way my eyes are the color of shit. Which doesn’t make sense ’cause you have the same --” I was cut off by Sam. 

“Nataly! Look!” He snatches a mirror from the counter and shoves it in my face. I take it and stare at me.  I expect to see the same turd eyes, but no. It’s the last color I expected to be. In fact, they kind of twinkle, and they look like the autobot’s eye color. Or...optic color. A cyan color. Rather extraordinary I must say. Wait, I forgot again. I’m Prime’s daughter. I bring my hand to my cheek bone. 

“How?” I ask. 

“There’s some sort of energy, power, radiation that you hold in your body.” A doctor says professionally. So it wasn’t a dream. I really did die, and came back. Haven’t Primus and God considered that I don’t want to stay here?! 

‘Last I recall you have a promise to keep.’ 

‘You are Cybertron’s only hope of restoring life upon the planet.’ 

‘You are the daughter of Optimus Prime.’ 

No. That would be very selfish. And Bee. I can’t leave him here and live with a broken spark. The autobots probably think I’m dead. I am Prime’s daughter. How am I going to break the news to him?