Chapter 3

“Come on Sam.” I race toward the car which was towed to us. I jumped in the drivers seat and Sam on the passengers. We both look at eachother.

“Congratulations Natt.”

“Thanks bro.”

 We both click our seatbelt on and I start the engine. I can’t help but smile and the sound.

“Really throaty engine. Don’t you think, Sam?” Sam looked at me with disgust.

“Could you please just drive, Nataly?” I focused my attention to the road. The seat belt tightened around me in a comforting way, but I paid no attention to it.

 The ride home was short. I pulled up by the drive way and killed the engine. I turn my head to Sam.

“Sorry. I’m just a little sullen that I didn’t get a car.” Sam shakes his head.

“Oh a little sullen?...I’m sorry too, but it looks like I got the best taste.”

 “Whatever.” Sam gets out of the car and heads to his room. Also known as his man cave. I stayed behind to see what I'd do with the car.

“Okay rusty. Lets get you cleaned up.” The car shook at the word rusty.  I unbuckled myself and went inside a slipped on an old pair of shorts and a t-shirt and took my stereo. For me, almost nothing is enjoyable without music. I took a bucket out of the garage, a sponge, and brought the hose out.

 “Okay.” I fixed myself a messy bun and bent down to turn on my stereo. Flipping through my songs, I found the perfect one for this. Or something similar. I plugged in my IPod and waited for the music. Shower by Becky G came on.

 I pulled the hose and turned on the water, picking it up and aimed it at the car. Almost exactly when the water came in contact with it, it shook and it yelled curses through the radio. All I could do was stare with my mouth wide open. Did my car just seriously curse me out?

 I shook my head. I took the bucket and filled it with soap and water. I went on scrubbing the hood and sang along to the music.

“Singing in the shower!” I yelled. Once I finished with the hood and sides of the car, I got onto the car to try to get to the roof of it. But no, there was still a little soap where I stepped and I slipped of the car.

“Crap!” I yelled as I fell. The car jolted a little. I stood up rubbing my head. “Ow. Thats gonna leave a mark.” I look at the top of the car. I move to the side and stood on my tiptoes. And this time, I saw the car lean to the side so I could reach. “Yes. Thanks you!” I could finally wash the most filthy part of the car. Once I finished, I dumped the water and left it out to dry.

 I decided to see Sam. I walk upstairs and into his ‘man cave’. I lean on his door, watching him give Mojo our chiwawa his pain medication. “Alright I know you get wasted on these things, but if you piss on my bed again you're sleeping outside.” Mojo eats the pill. “That’s it for today. No more. Crackhead.” I laughed.

 Sam looked at me. “Hey Natt. There’s a party at the lake. Wanna come?” My brother? At a party?

“Sure. lemme get dressed.” I put on my previous outfit. Which by the way looks nice. It was a nude colored sweater with black patterned elephant on it, and some white shorts. I head down stairs and call Sam. “Sam! I’m waiting for you!” After a while, Sam comes flopping down the stairs.

“Lets go.” I grab the keys and stuff them in my pocket.

 We make it outside and I spot mom and dad doing the garden. My dad recently planted new grass and he intends to keep it new. He gave us a two hour lecture the other day about no stepping on the grass. At all. So dad built a stone path in the middle of the yard and a fountain in the middle. Sam never listens. I see the path and immediately walk on it.

 Sam, on the other hand steps his dirty feet on the grass. “Haha.” Sam says stepping on dads precious grass. “Oh Sam. I do not like footprints on my grass.”

 “What...there’s no footprints.”

 “That’s why I built my path. So why don’t you go from my grass onto my path.”

 “It’s family grass, dad.” Sam retorted.

 “Yeah well when you have your own grass you’ll understand.” Whatever dad.

 I hop into the drivers seat and revive the engine. “I want you two home at eleven o’clock.” Mom yelled.

“Yeah, alright Mom.” I respond. And with that, Sam climbs into the passengers seat and we make our way to...this...party I’m guessing Sam wasn’t invited to.

 “Wait. We have to make one more stop before we get to the lake.” Sam said.

 “Where?” I ask.

 “We have to pick up Miles.”

 I immediately slammed my foot on the break, and the seat belt tightens around me again. I glare at Sam. “WHAT?!”

 “He has to came with me. He’s my wingman.” I shake my head violently.

 “If he does anything to my car, ANYTHING, I’m gonna stop the car and drop him off then and there. Got that?!”

 “Okay.”

 I knew exactly where Miles’s house is. I have to go there every week with Sam. Miles has had a crush on me since the day we started high school. I pulled up by the curb waiting for Miles to pop out. I honked the horn. I look at Miles in disgust. He came out in a t-shirt shorts and flip flops. Oh yeah he’ll definitely receive the attention he wants, and not by me.

 “Hey Miles.” Sam waves over to him. I keep my head held high and looking at the road.

 I hear the door open and Miles climbs in. Oh I can feel those eyes staring at me. “Hey there, Nataly.” Miles tries to get my attention. I hear something stretch on the back seat.

 “Miles!” I shout.

 “Yeah honey buns?”

 I look back at him and see those awful shoes on my back seat.

 “Get your feet off those seats, and don’t call me that.” I try my best to control my anger. I can’t tell you how much I hate him.

 “Okay honey buns.” Miles smirks at me.

 I look forward again and grip the wheel tightly. I mentally count to ten, and then I’m calm. I continue the rode to the lake and at the same time, I pray that Sam invited himself to a prty hosted by Tent. Cuz if that's it, I'm dead.