My strange neighbour

Your dark side

Notes:
In the first place this was planned as a One-Shot but the story actually counts more than 20k word and still...I'm not done yet but I really wanted to share the first chapter with you. There will be around 6 chapters I guess. So look forward :D

Chapter 1

It was a dark day in Tokyo. The sky was cloudy and in the distance you could already hear the rumbling of thunder, which announced a storm. Actually, it was a weather in which you preferred to be snuggled up in a warm blanket at home and made yourself comfortable in front of the TV. But the redhead could not think of watching television or making himself comfortable somewhere.

With a sad look he was in a row of people dressed like all of them: in black. Kirishima Eijirou was actually an extremely cheerful person whose smiling face pleased the people around him, but the sun did not feel like laughing. Rather, the usually cheerful red eyes shimmered wet when he came to the coffin in which one of his best friends lay, surrounded by flowers, in his Shini Shōzoku (1). The sight hurt Eijirou's soul. He had always been very concerned about his friends, that one of them was now so suddenly torn out of this world...that didn't want to get completely into his head.

He tore himself from the sight and went to the family altar, where he left an envelope. In it were Okōden (2), donations for the family. While the others were still talking to each other, Eijirou saw a familiar figure. He walked towards the blond guy with his back to him. "Hello, Denki", he greeted his best friend. Called one turned with a sad mine to Eijirou and muttered a sad "hello" back.

It was obvious to the blond that he suffered because of Satoshis(3) death. He himself was no different and briefly embraced his best friend before they went together to the young woman with the black curls, who cried bitterly. It was her best friend's fiancée and the young men put one hand on her shoulder to comfort her. They did not speak much that evening and silently paid homage to the deceased.

The next day began much too early for Eijirou. He hadn't slept half the night because the same questions had always crossed his mind. "Why did Toshi have to die?" "Why did everyone accept his deaths as it were?" Even Denki seemed simply content to dismiss this matter as "accidental death". He couldn't do it himself. Toshi was, along with Denki, a childhood friend. They knew each other for most of their lives and the redhead knew how careful Toshi was in traffic. Especially after he proudly announced that his fiancée was expecting a child. So why should he suddenly be careless? On a road where, moreover, NEVER felt like traffic? Why? All this did not want to get into the head of the redhead.

During this thought, Eijirou rose and got ready. Today he had the early shift in the café and he didn't necessarily want to be late, so he got ready and showered before brushing his teeth and starting to style his hair so that it would stand off in all directions and remind you a little of a star when you looked at it from the front. Many would call this a "crazy hairstyle," but Eijirou liked it.

He checked once more with a look in the mirror whether everything fit before he grabbed his bag and put on his shoes in the hallway and packed his keys. With more verve than he actually wanted, he stormed out of the apartment, because he had noticed that he was a little late, and felt a hard collision the next moment. His smart phone sailed onto the floor of the staircase and he would probably have landed there, too, if there weren't that grip around his upper arm.

Confused, the redhead blinked and looked at the person who was obviously holding him. He looked into carmine red eyes, which had such a strong expression in them that Eijiro felt a strong heartbeat. Loosening his eyes, he looked at the face of his "saviour". It was a man, he could say that much. He was about half a head (4) taller than himself and had very nice features. How were not feminine but also not too overly angular...he seems male and yet very elegant, if you could say so. A fine nose, full lips and those expressive eyes. Eijirou couldn't stop some heat from shooting in his cheeks. The guy was incredibly handsome, he had to say that much.