Chapter 1: Trouble makers

*Seven year Time skip from book 1*

Zerra & Lance are 13

Lucy POV

"Are you sure Lucy, it's kinda weird though, When I was their age-no i was even younger, I couldn't wait to go on my first travel mission." Natsu frown watching me intently from infront in the counter.

I sighed pouring the alcoholic beverage in the cup and sliding it towards the fire user. it's been 7 years since I've been back and I still go on mission but I help out at the bar most of the time now seeing as I have kids to look after now...on my own. Well not completely alone I have fairytail..but..you know what I mean.

"I'm sure and I know its weird, when I first joined I was ecstatic when I got to go on my first job with you guys,  but they both seem to have made up and said and I quote: 'we rather not go on Jobs unless the family absolutely needs it then in that case don't hesitate to ask'

Erza who was next to Natsu quietly eating her cake piped up with he spoon at her lips, "and why is that?"

"I don't know when I ask they get really quiet and gloomy then dodge the question."

"Hmmmm." All three adults hummed, then the guild door opened the subjects of their worry walk through the door with board expressions on their faces.

"Hey guys how was school?"Lucy smile handing them both a glass of orange juice she normally prepares for them before hand.

Lance slid slightly into the seat next to Natsu simply beginning to drink and Zerra popped down to him pulling the juice closer. "boring."

Lucy frown looking at both her children lazily sipping tgeir juice they've both been really grumpy lately.

"I couldn't have been that bad, you guys joined clubs right? Zerra how was swordsman class going?"

" I got kicked out."

"What! why?"

Zerra's face contorted bitterly but then turned into a smirk.
"I beat everyone on my category boys, girls and even my instructor, it became boring so I wanted to join the older team for more of a challenge but they wouldn't let me because of my age, and I could have walk away from that but they went on to say "what business does a 'little girl' like you have with us anyway, isn't that sword at abit too heavy for you." the word /coming out her mouth as if they tasted bad, her grip on her cup tightening as fire burned in her eyes.

"So I "showed" them whether or not I could lift I could lift a sword and lets just say some egos have been severly brused and it's not mine."

All three present adults ...scratch that, Lucy—

"Guys stop laughing, Erza you too!?"
Lucy whined at the red head and the dragon slayer. She expected it from Natsu but Erza!"

"I'm sorry Lucy but as a woman of the sword myself, those disrespectful miscreants deserved it, plus she just wanted a challenge a chance to get stronger and she obviously wasn't finding it there."

The older blond sigh deciding to let the matter drop for now and not bothering to ask Natsu why he was laughing because its obvious he just thinks Zerra beating people up is funny.

Turning to Lance she decided to get the insight on his day.

"And what about you sweety how was your day?" Lucy asked hopefully, to which took a long swip of his juice leaving everybody's eyes to drop to him silently before he answering.

"School was boring, classes are too easy—

"speak for yourself." Zerra muttered.

Lucy gave a meek smile "Well atleast one of you had a productive day—

"Oh and I got kicked out of club too." was Lance's bored reply.

"You..? wh—" Lucy was cut off by Natsu's Shocked but ecstatic out burst.

"WHAT— you!? mister straight A's goody two shoes got kicked out of Archery.!?

"Natsu stop shouting— and Lance, honey what happened."

Lance still looked bored as he started his explanation.

"Some of the my peers and Seniors kept saying I was cheating by using magic to hit the targets, they find it strange I've never missed and hit bull's eye everytime, even the instructor seemed suspicious."

"...well did you use magic?" his mother questioned.

It didn't show much but Lance was abit hurt that his mother would think he did.

"No. But they kept insisting which annoyed me, they just sucked and it was boring me so I walked away planning to leave the club itself but before I could leave they started saying I'm leaving because I 'got caught' so I fired a single 'actually magic infused flaming arrow at their heads. They probably think I was just proving their ridiculous theory, but I don't care anymore." Lance finished before hopping off the stool, backpack in hand already walking off "I'm heading home early..... home work."

Lucy knew, that they knew she wouldn't punish them. It seemed like weak Parenting maybe but they had a good understanding and bond,

or atleast they use to.

"um ok... Zerra you going too? he can help you with home work."

"mmmmm ok. Bye mom, Bye uncle, Bye Aunty Erza!" The raventte threw her bag over her shoulder, running to keep up with her brother.

"Bye." The three Adults chorused watching the children leave.

The motherly smile on Lucy's face dropping.

Lance and Zerra insisted they both go to none Magic focused schools. Even growing up inside a magic barrier they magic abilities were quite powerful for kids their age. But they hardly ever use it.

But she accepted it.

Life was good and normal, though didn't make much friends and stuck together, they settled in nicely to life off the island. They excelled in many things. Just not being sociable.

But they suddenly started acted weird, colder, distant about a few months ago and Lucy doesn't know why..as she failed as mother?

***********************************
yall...i totally forgot half the plot...so lets just see where this goes. I had a new idea (manga spoilers!!!! family and ex family drama maybe) so lets hope it goes well.