Chapter 4: Violet Dust

Normal POV

"Uncle Natsu."

Lance called out to the mage walking infront of them, leading them to the train station.

"Mmmm"

"This mission is to collect and deliver some old scolls and books to a church right?" The blond boy questioned.

"yup"

"Then why are you doing it? This doesn't seem like your style."

Natsu sulked a bit upon hearing that "Why does everyone say that. a job is a job plus I like books."

"sure you do."

They walked silently again untill they reached the train station, Natsu mood soured ever more at the thought at riding that contraction but it couldn't be helped, fortunately it was just a half and hour ride untill they can walk on foot again.

"All abroad !"

90 minutes later, 30 mins of it being Natsu trying to to throw up, the remaining time being an on foot treks till they reached a little town outside of their train stop in Oshibana.

The met with client back in Oshibana, they were kinda sketchy, but it was a town library that actually wanted their hands in these books so they might aswell follow through.

There weren't given too many details, just that the Library want the many files, scrolls and books that were kept at the Old Nakibana Church but the Church was over run with people labelling themselves as followers but they were probably just cult members. Why they didn't call the legal authorities, Lance didn't know (That point just flew over Natsu's head.)

The town, Nakibana they believed and hope it was called else they're probably lost, wasn't as lively as Oshibana. It didn't look like an abandoned town just...ok it didn't look like much people were home but it did look very kept.

"So Where is this church place?" Zerra asked observing the town.

Natsu froze his tensed uo muscles didn't go unnoticed by the twins.

"Uncle Natsu what's wrong?"

There was a long silence before Natsu spoke. "....I smell blood...and lots of it."
Natsu turned around his nose twitching and face hard.

"Listen I need you and Happy—

"If your gonna tell us to go back to the town while you handle this, we refuse." Lance cut him off a glare directed at the pinket.

*sigh*

Natsu didn't bother arguing cuz he knew there weren't gonna listen to him and it'll probably be better looking after this way.

They silently followed the stench of fresh blood, staying aware of their surroundings. The smell coincidentally let them go to church that you were looking for in the first place.

The Natsu didn't know how to feel about this.

"Stay here." Natsu commanded to The Twins and Happy. Thankfully they didn't protest This time and hid behind a near tree.

Natsu walk in the Church, that stench of blood strong the obvious few bodies littering the floor being the culprits. As for the culprits of the bodies, Natsu soon noticed the voices coming from the back rooms of the Church.

But before he could move himself to inspect a voice boom through the church.

"Oh. how unfortunate, you've wondered right in the middle of my job."

Natsu scoffed has he glared down the  black cloaked figure. Normally I'd give little talk first but If this is your "Job" You deserve nothing but a beating and a life behind metal."