Chapter 3:

"Hey Lucy!"

The blond turned around from her place behind the bar boredly eyeing  the approaching salmon head Dragon Slayer.

It waz scary how much he hasn't changed, Zeref wasn't lying when they said he might be immortal. Lucy herself wasn't immortal but being inside the barrier for so long slowed down her aging process so she doesn't look that different either just hair growing longer and longer, she would occasionally do little trims not that it mattered since it was now passed her butt.

"What is it Natsu." Lucy tone was flat, she was really upset and confused over the twins behavior lately.

"I was thinking of going on a job and I was thinking maybe I should carry the kids?"

"*sign* You know they said they don't want to unless they have too."

"I know I know, but maybe you could convinced them for one, come Lucy their board in school but don't want to use their magic and go on missions  they practically don't know what to do with themselves maybe they just need a 'push' in the right direction, maybe any direction."

Lucy stared at Natsu thoroughly, since when has he been good at parenting advice? And thinking about, she had no reason to deny the offer. Scraping her mind for any valid reason she should say no, she sighed in defeat and looked down at the dragon slayer infront of her who was now sitting and patiently waiting gor an answer.

"uugg fine, I'll speak to them when I get home."

"Yes! you won't regret it Lucy, they'll love it—

"—Wait tell me about the mission first."Lucy said strictly holding up her hand to which Natsu pulled out a peice of paper from his pocket and began to read the contents.

..........

"Just Finding and Delivering some old books?, that... doesn't seem like your style" The blond ask raising an eyebrow.

"Yeaaaah but it's seem easy and fast enough enough for the kids to handle. It's an esy Job but it's a bit of traveling so it'll be more of a little relaxing trip for the kids,So Come on, how bout it? "

The Dragon smiled big after his argument, grinning as though he could convince the blond with his fanged smile alone. But it wouldn't have worked anyway. as Lucy then boredly look away while shoving the Job flyer back into Natsu's chest then proceeds to wine done the counter.

"I'll talk to them when I get home."

"Great, make sure they meet here tomorrow before okay."

Lucy gave a hummed of acknowledgement before the Dragon Slayer stalk off somewhere else. Lucy didn't know if the kids with 'willing' Except or not but she'd knew Natsu was actually right and they probably needed this little trip/distraction. So for once she'd have been strict She normally didn't have to be ...or really didn't want to be, especially when she feels bad for holding on to the truth about their father.

Then it's settled she'd just have to suck it up and put her foot down.   Lance and Zerra were going on the Job with Natsu whether they like it or not.

[..........TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY WRITTER'S BLOCK......................]

"Maybe cooking their favourite dish will soften the blow" Lucy muttered to herself while she hauled the bag of groceries she just bought up her Apartment stairs. She decided just out right forcing them if they didn't want the job might be abit much, so if she made they favorite foods and made them just the least bit in a brighter mood they might accept if they don't.....then she'd have no choice.

Lucy slowly opened her door and peaked inside, Lance and Zerra no where insight. 'They're probably in their bedroom.'

Lucy slid inside, effortlessly holding the grocery bag and heading to the kitchen.