Chapter 2:His History

Lance POV

A few months ago Zerra and I were invited to a party by our new classmates. We weren't too sure about attending, so we asked mom who said we should go that it would be good for us to "get out there more." So we did.

I was abit uncomfortable at first amd I could assume Zerra was too, she maybe play brave bit she's just as wary of strangers as I was. But thankfully we settled in it was quite enjoyable.

But then the kids wanted to tell scary stories and stuff since it Halloween, a holiday he still did I fathom.

It was going... interesting to say the least the stories didn't seem that scary anyway but it was some interesting stories and legends.

They were almost done when the kid who threw the party Gabe's older brother came in offering to tell one to which everyone agreed. And That's when things went done hill.

"Right so any of you guys ever heard of Zeref?"

'Dad.' The words echoing in my mind and sticking to my tough, mouth suddenly dry.

I felt Zerra stiffen at my side.

Mom convinced us years ago to not talk about Dad to other people, don't even mention his name, they didn't ask why cuz they knew how upset she got when anyone even mentioned dad, the way her eyes dim and sadden when she looked in the mirror at the Key shape tattoo on her neck which she covers to this day with a choker and occasionally a turtle neck.

Father was a Toboo Subject.

Nobody sensed our discomfort but neither of us moved as the older began story after story, tragedy after tragedy...it made 'Zeref' Sound likd a monster and that's what they calked him, 'The" evil Wizard, a god of death, a destroyer, bringer of Misery and Tragedy.. a monster and the lust goes on.

I couldn't be biased and think dad never did any of this, it was hard to say, some did sound off though but ..

~~~~
Zeref just help put a nest of baby birds back in their nest. climbing back down an audience of two running too his feet.
"ahhwaaa Daddy so kind he saves the chickens! daddy's the best!"

"They're not chickens Zerra, they're blue birds but your right, Dad's THE BEST!"6 year Lance scolded but it quickly turned into a bright smike directed towards his father.

Zeref smiles fondly sitting on the grass to hug his two kids probably both going to sit snugly between his legs and against his chest.

"Thanks guys but that's just a simple thing. besides...it could never make up for the things I've done." The dark mage said softly but the kids heard anyway.

"What do you mean by that daddy?" Zerra questioned eyes bright and innocently.

"um...well you know daddy loves you both and your mother very much and would never hurt you..but before daddy met mommy and fell ...so deep in love...daddy—I was a different person ...and did...a lot of... . really ver very bad things...that he regrets alot and wish it were different as for what... I'll tell you when your older ok?"

"Ok!"
"Ok!"

"but we'll still love daddy no matter what! Right Zerra!?

"Right!" The younger twin exclamed a little to excitedly. "But wait—will you still love us daddy?"

Zerref's heart was pinched by their response, smiling softly figuring they were definitely too young and Innocent to understand.

"Ofcourse. Forever."

~~~~~

They was suddenly a violent shift next to me, bringing me out of my trance, I noticed the boy was still telling story's of the 'Demons of Zeref' and about how many people, have fallen and suffered at their hands.

I felt sick.

That's when I turn to my side slightly only now noticing that violent shift from earlier was probably Zerra since she wasn't there anymore.

Getting up and moving towards the back, no one seemed care I was leaving anyway.

I search the places of the house I knew Only managing to find Zerra outside on the people's porch, sitting on the stairs head burried.

It was hard to explain, but I knew what she felt. So i just sat next to her and rubbed her back. I wasn't sure if she was Cry till she rose up and grabbed my hand giving it a firm squeeze. She knew....I wanted to cry, the stairs just barely forming in my eyes as I strained to keep them back. We decided to go home, taking the long way so mom wouldn't ask question if we showed up too early.

Dad was a touchy subject...for all of us, Mom never told us exactly why we needed to leave the Island...why we Needed to leave dad..and even as we got older we both hesitated in asking since mom just really emotional and its all just frustrating.

Uncle Natsu as well.

and when we even tried to ask aunty Erza she she said it wasn't her place to say.

"Hey Lance." Zerra voice cut threw the silent night, her tired but dry and directed to the stary sky. I just gave a short hum of acknowledgement as I walked beside.

"Do you think dad really did all those things?"

I didn't know how to feel.

"I—I don't know." I replied truely, but Zerra continue on with out missing a beat.

"If he did would you still love him?"

"Yes." my brain didn't comprehend the sentence as fast but my heart did as I answered Zerra Imidiatly.

But She halted in the middle of the road, head casted down,

"Zerra?"

'did-did she not feel the same way, did she hate father—'

Before I could finish my thought I almost my balance as Zerra was now clinging to my chest, voice cracking as she spoke obviously crying again.

"Me too...and I miss him so much—I miss dad so much." tears soaking into my shirt, she tremble her tears coming in full force. I couldn't hold mine anymore, hold on to my sister for dear life, I let my tears fall.

We both stood there in the empty road, hugging in comfort and staining our facing with tears, mentally reminiscing our days when we—our family was whole.

************************************