2

The bar was full this evening. The warmer weather had brought people up from the valley.

This did not bode well for his pack. He needed the mountain open so he could claim the land it had to offer. His beta, Jarod, had already caught wind of hunters occupying the cabins in the mountain.

"Oh, aye, as soon as she looked at yeh, you were a goner. She was bloody naked as soon as she shifted back, I swear on me life, it were a goddess," Damien nearly spat out his beer. Shifted.

He kept his ears tuned into the man's conversation.

"When did this happen then? And how did you survive?"

"'Bouta week ago, right at the base of this mountain. She dragged me off of her territory by my shirt collar, I've ne'er seen a woman so majestic as she was. The wolves, they followed her, like they understood what she wanted. It was strange, she never spoke," the men around him laughed, calling him nuts, and mocked him further asking if she bore horns as well.

"Damien, what's your take on the man's story?" The bartender had come back to him, cleaning a glass, before placing beneath the counter.

"If he saw what he saw, then I suppose we are all in trouble," the man laughed, a deep bellowing laugh. "Can I have another," he asked, holding up his empty beer bottle, and placing money on the counter before him.

"Yeh, gimme a sec," he handed Damien a new bottle, which he downed in five seconds.  He could never go completely drunk, his high metabolism never allowed it, but the alcohol gave him a pleasant buzz for a short while.

Found a potential area to start out expansion, meet me at the lodge
-Jarod

He left the bar, heading back to his pack. His wild wolves met him at the entrance to the lodge, where his shifters met him inside.

"Alpha, all of the land on this range is open for grabs, though we will have to take care of the hunters occupying the cabins," Damien looked at the map. The range included the mountain behind them, and the one to the west. His 800 wolves needed that land.

"How many land deeds will we need to purchase?"

"As it looks right now, 43," not so many as he had expected, he had expected near 60.

"Do it, I will not make my pack suffer when we can roam free," he said

"Yes alpha,"