35

I've made small edits here and there throughout chapters, so thats why some things don't make sense now.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*

The last comment Alpha Raymond said were in a foreign tongue, which Damien didn't understand, but it seemed that Shae did.

With him standing here, Damien came to the conclusion that he had everything to do with Shae's almost death. So many months ago when she'd first gone missing, this alpha had been his first cintact. He hadn't thought much of his words then. But now they were clear.

"Leave," Damien said again, more forcefully than before. "You aren't welcome here anymore,"

"Very well, our trading is, until further notice, at an end. Expect the council to here of this as well," that's all it came down to now, the council this, or the council that. Oh how he wanted to strangle that alpha.

He could see the tears in Shae's eyes and proceeded to give her a hug.

"Whatever he said, it'll be okay, I'm here, I'll protect you in whatever way I can, my love," he said softly against her hair. 

He didn't want to tell her the entire conversation that they'd had just yet, it would only upset her further.  He lead her back to their room.

"Let's sit, and you can cool down for a bit, if you want to talk about anything, I'll be here," after a good ten minutes of her crying, she was finally calmed down enough so that she wasn't heaving with every sob.

"He is the reason I almost died, he sent that other wolf to get rid of me. When I met him before, his threat seemed so empty in state I was in, but now I know it was not," at least now she could share in the hatred he and Jerod possessed for the alpha.

"The wolf that came to kill me, he said he would take me as a mate if I agreed so that he wouldn't kill me, but I refused. I could have saved my pack, but I was dumb, and they died, and I lost everything," she said.

"It'll be a while before you're healed fromthis experience, it's best not to dwell on it, but rant and rave all you until it's out of your system," Shae gave him a curious look.

"Rant and rave?" He realized there were still catch phrases and such she didn't understand.

"Tell me all about it, what makes you angry, all of it. That's what that means," he told her.

"Ah, okay. I think that it is all out of me for now, I just do not know what to do anymore. It has been so long, I don't know what to feel about it anymore. Do you understand?" She asked.

"I do, and I don't have the knowledge you do in order to full empathize with you about this. But that's okay. Time is what you need, and time will heal your wounds, whether mental or physical."

"I am glad I have found you again, Damien,"

Me too. He thought, holding her tighter.