17

Damien had yelled in frustration when he gone to check on the shewolf to only find an empty land, scents had been stale for almost 11 days.

He'd come back to his pack lodge, and made an angry phone call to Alpha Raymond, demanding to know what he had said to her, because it was the only logical explanation .

His response was only that of, what needed to be said, and then he began to tell Damien that she was too wild for him, that wolves like her would never last in the real world, that she shouldn't have lived this long anyways.

Fury wasn't the right word to describe his feelings afterwards, but what's done has been done, once mating season was over and his females were no longer whingeing about, he could take time to look for her.

His wolves had taken a deep liking to the new land, especially his shifters, they could now roam freely without worry of being sighted. It was a huge relief for everyone in all parties, and they were still far enough away from human civilization to live their own ways.

"Alpha?" Several young wolves, teens, as the humans called them, approached him.

"Yes?" He replied. The one who was speaking looked nervous, Damien recalled his name to be Rafa.

"W-we went out for a run in t-the new territory, and there were h-humans with weapons," it had been enough damn time for these pesky humans to leave their business alone, she was gone.

He understood that he'd allowed them to search his land, but there had been no attacks, and his wolves had kept to themselves since he purchased the new territory.

"Did they see you?" He asked them. They all stayed stammering, all unsure if they'd been spotted. They'd run back as soon as they saw the humans, not that he blamed them. "Very well, stay in the area, I'll call the others in for the evening," there was a chorus of mumbled 'yes alpha' before they departed.

He alerted Jerod and his top warriors for a meeting.

They had been able to start expanding the lodge and apartment buildings for the pack, so the meeting was to be conducted in the arena, which was an outdoor space for combat practice.

There were twenty total, twenty-one including himself, circled up for this meeting. Murmuring about the group was brought to an end when he raised his hand to call for silence.

"We are still experiencing problems with the humans, my fellow wolves, they are still hunting on our territory even though their threat has left," angry growls emanated from their persons. He couldn't blame them.

"For the time being, we hunt in groups no larger than twelve wolves, and any groups are to report to me. We will have a scouting group every morning and every evening of no more than five wolves. Am I understood?" He made sure to meet the eyes of every wolf before him and accept their submission before letting them go.

"Alpha, if I may, you did agree to allow the humans on our territory," Jerod said.

"I know what I agreed to, and I know I am partially at fault. But they haven't got an issue anymore, that shewolf has left the territory, so they no longer need to bother us with their fickle interests," he ground out. He wanted nothing more than to slap himself for his stupidity in that.

Beyond that, they were supposed to have contacted him if they were to orchestrate anything on his lands.

"Fair enough, but they are a stubborn bunch," Damien huffed and departed from his beta.

His wolves would be quick to implement his desires, but the question remained, how long would the humans persist in their own pursuit? He had not banked on the shewolf leaving, and even though he'd been angry about it at first, perhaps it was for the best.