9~ Hot Air Balloon

"What's the plan for today?" Martha asked.

  "Sleep. Eat. Poop. Repeat," Betty said.

  "Hardy har har," Martha fake laughed. "Let's go steal an animal from the zoo! Or dye our hair. Or kill the dude next door. Or learn to do the Irish Jig! Are you listening?" Asked Martha.

  "Sorry, it's hard to comprehend so much stupid at once," Betty said.

Martha threw a pillow at Betty and said, "I hate you."

  "You're a psychopath," Betty mumbled.

  "I prefer creative," Martha said without skipping a beat.

  "To each their own," Betty said lowly.

  "I'll be back," Martha said as she left.

  "Interesting," Betty said to herself.

--

     "I'm back!" Martha screamed. Betty just looked up and went back to her book.

  "Did you miss me?" Martha asked Betty.

  "Not really," Betty said.

  "Jerk," Martha said.

  "You too," Betty said.

  "Me too!" Martha exclaimed.

  "US TOO!" The two of them screamed together as they combusted into a fit of giggles.

  "Where were you?" Betty asked Martha.

  "I bought a hot air balloon," Martha said proudly.

"Why? Don't you need a license to fly it?" Betty asked.

  "Nah... maybe. But who cares? How hard could it be to fly it, and who's gonna stop us. The hot air balloon police?" Martha said sarcastically. Betty just rolled her eyes. "Let's go!" Martha said dragging Betty out.

*One Long Car Ride Later*

     "IF YOU'RE SCARED OF HEIGHTS THEN WHY DID YOU GET IT LET ALONE GET ON IT?!" Betty screamed at Martha.

  "I forgot," Martha mumbled embarrassed. The two old ladies had gotten into an open field and took the balloon into the aid. It wasn't too hard with the help of google.

  "That guy is hot," Betty said looking down.

  "Who!?" Martha said excitedly as she shot up. She toppled over the edge. "Betty, Help!" Martha screamed as she hung on for dear life.

  "What?" Betty said pretending that she couldn't hear Martha.

  "I'm sorry, I left you for dead to the cops last week. Just get me up before I really die!" Martha cried.

  "Fine you big baby," Betty said pleased with herself.

  "How will we land?" Martha asked.

  "Watch and learn," Betty said pulling out a knife. She threw it up into the balloon and popped it.

  After the two screamed as they thought they were falling to an imposing plummeting death, they go up, shook themselves off, and went home.

Of course, Martha had to shake the poop out of her pants because that experience scared the actual shit out of her.

Poor Martha.

~Trisha