The Legion Reborn

Maddie was in the exercise room practicing her fighting skills. She, unlike Dawn, had kept herself in shape without ever losing a step. Now that Selene was after her, it motivated her even more. She wanted her knives, but they had been confiscated along with her other gear. It was going to be a battle she would have to fight alone. No one in the asylum would believe her; they would band together to stop her. Maddie knew most of the guards were not bad, but if she needed to incapacitate them, she would not hesitate. The orderlies would escort Maddie to the showers, then, it was back to her cell. Since Maddie's behavior had improved, they placed her in a nicer room and she was not required to wear her straightjacket. The room had a window with steel bars running across it. She looked outside and wondered about Dawn; feeling desired to break out and find her. She knew she could do it, but Selene would be coming for her. The only solution she had was to wait for her to send her Legionaries after her.

Logan knew Maddie was alone in her cell. Under Selene's orders, he gathered the members of the rebuilt Legion. They surrounded the asylum, ready to prey. But first, he needed the key to Selene's cell. Logan thought about entering Maddie's room and incapacitating her with his stun gun, but he knew he would have no chance. He tried not to let his nervousness show; Selene knew Maddie could sense fear. Now it was time to prove he was worthy enough to be a member of Selene's Legion. All he had to do was get the key to her cell, set her free, and allow the Legion to enter. He entered the security room and saw the locked metal box that contained the keys. He saw on the security monitors that the Legion had made it inside the asylum. Some of them were on the ground, while others remained on the roof. He took out a small screwdriver and a bobby pin and began picking the lock. As the Legion made their way in, the alarm sounded, startling Logan. Then, the head of security walked in. Logan quickly stopped lockpicking and remained with his back turned to him.

"Logan!" He yelled, "What the hell are you doing? There's a break in!"

Logan slowly turned around and stared at him.

"There's nothing you can do anymore," Logan's voice eerily stated.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Logan used his stun gun to incapacitate him. As he laid on the ground shaking, Logan stood over him.

"The Legion has been reborn," Logan coldly stated.

Then, he struck the guard on the head with his baton and took his keys. He exited the room and walked down the hall with the key to Selene's cell. Some of the Legion members saw him and ran past him. Like the Legion of the past, they were made up of citizens of the Mojave Wasteland who felt wronged. Logan made it to Selene's cell and unlocked the door. Selene emerged from the darkness and stepped out into the hallway with a sinister smile. She stroked Logan's face with the back of her hand as the other Legion members kneeled. He handed her a bottle of Buffout. She opened the bottle and took the pills.

"It's an honor to serve you my queen," Logan praised.

"Excellent work," Selene said, "Take me to Maddie's cell."

Logan led the way down the hall.

The door to Maddie's room could be unlocked by her. She ran down the hall as the alarm echoed throughout. She saw the storage room and tried to open the door. She kicked it, but it would not open. The equipment she needed was inside. Then, a guard saw her and pointed his stun gun at her. Maddie turned to him.

"Hold it!" The guard shouted.

"The Legion is here," she warned, "They will kill you. I can stop them, just let me in the storage room."