Ch.21 New start

Break had been over for about a week. It took me forever to get back into the groove with school work and assignments in classes I sort of forgot about. It was a chilly and sunny day in February. You were this time in the living room working on a couple of assignments. You had your favorite snack and drink on the coffee table in front of you along with the nice view of your laptop.

"Hey Y/n, got a second?"

"Sure Jin, I can talk. What's up?"

"Please don't get mad at me for what I'm about to say next," he warned

"Jin, I could never get mad at you."

"It's about Jimin."

"On second thought, I don't think it's a good idea to talk."

"Y/n wait. This is important, he feels really bad about what happened. He didn't mean to say all that stuff to you."

"How do you know that?"

"How else do you think? He told me?"

"What if-"

"He wasn't playing me Y/n. I know this for sure because he was crying."

"Crying?"

"Yes, he was crying because he felt so bad about how he made you feel. He relentlessly was beating his self up about how he made you feel. How low he was, especially when you told what you go through." So please, go and talk to him. He want's to make things right. And I'm pretty sure you do too. It's been two freaking months."

"Jin, you mean that?"

"Would I ever lie to you?"

"...Is he in his room?"

"Where else would he be?"

-----

Before I knocked on the door, I hesitated. It'd been the first in forever since I've done the task and it was a bit weird. I just sat there contemplating whether it was the right thing to do.

Knock Knock

"Come in..."

I slowly open the door

"...Y-y/n? I'm surprised you knocked. If there's anything Jin or Namjoon asked me to do I'll do it right now."

"No need. I came here to talk."

"Are you sure? Nothing's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong... I heard how you felt after what happened."

"Jin's the reason. If he made you-"

"He didn't make me. I chose to. I had no idea on how you felt."

"Yeah...about that...I'm really sorry. I mean that."

"It's ok, it was just a little crush, I'm over it."

"You.........are?"

"Yeah, this has happened before, I'll be fine. You're already taken remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, that is right."

"I forgive you Jimin. Really I do. I know what I said about not but, now that I know your side, I forgive you. Do you think we can stay friends and support each other relationships?

"S-sure. I'd love that."

"Good."

"I'll see you later Jimin."

"Yeah, see you later."

Jimin POV :

She want's to be friends. She doesn't want to be with me anymore? She even said it was just a little crush. I thought she loved me. If Seung kept her mouth shut none of this wouldn't've happened. Everything would be fine and perfect. But some of this really is my fault, I should've listened to Seung and not my heart. Way to go Park Jimin.

-----

This new relationship with Y/n has been terrible. We talk to each other but not like we used to. I don't come to her room, we don't hug, we don't even act like we used to. I wish things went back to normal, I wish nothing about our relationship changed.

And the one thing that really bothers me is her growing relationship with other guys. Some are considered good friends and some look like they want to date her. It's like she really did get over me and forgot about her once really known feelings for me. Is this what it feels like in one-sided love?

-----

It was a Wednesday night in early February, I was in the living room working on a couple of assignments. I was the only one at home as well, so it was really quiet. The boys went out to eat and Y/n hung out with a few of her friends. I realized how low I sunk, I never saw myself in a predicament like this. The old me would be out partying and flirting with other girls. I even cooked my own dinner. 

I guess Y/n really has changed me. I've been so used to girls coming to me and asking for my approval. This time, it's like I'. chasing after Y/n. Funny right?

"Ok! Thanks for tonight! I really had fun!" Y/n said walking inside

"Hey Jimin, it's really quiet in here, are the boys here?"

"No, they went out a couple minutes after you left."

"You stayed back?"

"Yep, I needed work to catch up on anyway."

"It's just, you've always been a party kind of guy. I'm surprised you passed that chance up."

"I guess, lately I just haven't been in the mood for going to parties."

"What about you and Seung? You haven't done anything together in a while. Is everything alright with you guys?"

Wow, she even asked about me and Seung. The spark must really be gone.

"Ah, we haven't really gone over the situation, she's been caught up with work and her sisters. But maybe one day though."

*Looking in pantry* "Maybe you should take her out for valentines day. It's coming up really soon."

"Thanks for the thought. I'll consider it."

"Y/n?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you care so much? You're being so nice."

"Well, I'm just trying to be a good friend. And maybe spending time with your girlfriend really get your mind off things. You've been working really hard the past month. Well, it's getting late and I think I'll just go to bed see you in the morning Jimin."

"Right. Good Night."

All I want is to spend the day of love with you. No one else. Why when I'm actually ready to be in a relationship tries to stop me? What is the universe trying to do to me?