11| Sleeps & intruder

She was fierce, she was strong, she was not simple.

She was crazy and sometimes she barely slept. She always had something to say. She had her flaws and that was okay.

When she was down, she got right back up. She was a beast in her own way, but one idea described her the best. She was unstoppable and she took anything she wanted with a smile

Silence stuck in the air around me, like a thick fog as I picked the ball from the floor and bouncing it up and down, under my palm, I tried to throw it in the basket

Silence stuck in the air around me, like a thick fog as I picked the ball from the floor and bouncing it up and down, under my palm, I tried to throw it in the basket. Keyword - tried.

The ball hit the board and went nowhere near the basket and fell on the floor. Letting out a disappointed sigh, I walked towards the ball and kicked it hard.

As a Team helper or coach's temporary assistant, it was my duty to check up and lock the gym, after the practices. Today, I was getting bored and had some time left before my last class. So, I decided to try my luck at basketball.

Clearly, It wasn't one of my best sports. I was just good at Football and swimming, but had stopped all those afte-

Don't think about it, I told myself. Looking around, I inhaled the scenario in. The walls were plain cream and the wooden floor was shining brightly, like a grinning person.

It was really quiet. I could hear the steady beating of my heart, if I concentrated hard. My warm and slight shaky breaths fill the silence.

Bored, I walked towards the wall and resting my back against it, I slid down, sitting on the floor. If someone walked in, I would look like a freak sitting in an empty gym, all alone. But again.. Who cares?

I should lock the Gym and be done with it. Coach would be so mad I thought, staring at the ceiling filled with numerous lights, reflecting on the shining surface. Closing my eyes I rested my head against the wall, letting the silence consume me.

Infinite memories ran through my mind. Some good, some bad. Some joyful, some depressed.

A big collage filled with different pictures, telling different stories burned in my head, the thick dark smoke suffocating me, making it hard to breathe.

On the inside there was a war going on, a battle between the present and the past. Just same old torture.

But outside, there was a strange sense of peace surrounding me. The quiet air of the gym was humming a soft and tormented lullaby of a warrior.

My eyelids were becoming heavy, inviting sleepiness and I more than gladly welcomed it, like a blessing sent straight from Heaven.

~~~

A loud thumping caused me to shriek as I quickly woke up from my drowsy state. Slowly rubbing my eye with my right hand, I saw him being professional as ever with basketball.

That blue faded jeans hung lazily on his hips and His dark chocolaty hair was a mess, teasing the air. Attention, every inch of his focus was on the ball.

Astonished, I watched him as he punished the ball with his mastered moves. The way he effortlessly raised his hands and threw the ball and without missing a beat, the ball caught in the basket hanging above with pride and seconds later the ball was back on ground, satisfied.

His slight erratic breathes can be heard in silence surrounding us. Then slowly, he turned towards me.

"I am starting to wonder, what do you do all night?" Wicked Hazel eyes were now fixed on me, pinning me at my place.

"Why are you here?" I didn't reply to his question and asked annoyed. There's no way I would tell him anything, though there was nothing to tell.

He rolled his eyes and spoke up "You should be thankful that I am here, not coach"

"Did you not know that no one is allowed here at this time or that the Gym is supposed to be locked?"

destructive eyes filled with playfulness shined at me as he spoke "I forgot my phone, just came here to get it and what did I find? Sleeping beauty herself!"

I gave him an icy look getting up from the ground and dusted my jeans. Coach would kill me, if he found the gym still unlocked.

"Good morning!" He chimed happily, just as I turned on my heels to walk away.

without turning around, I muttered "Fuck you"

"I'd rather fuck y-"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. He raised both of his hands in surrender as I shot him a murderous glare. No words were needed.

Letting out an audible sigh, I ordered "Leave." He raised his eyebrow at me, then slowly a smirk made its way on his face.

"I am going to lock the gym now. So leave" I told him with little more pressure. But, that stubborn jackass didn't move an inch.

Frustrated I growled at him "Ethan Anderson Keyes just fucking go!"

"That's first" He chuckled slowly making his way towards me. I gave him a bored look as he walked past me, brushing my shoulder.

Finally kicking him out. I walked out and locked the gym. After submitting the key, I walked through the hallway cutting through the small crowd like a knife to my last class.

"Hey Snow! Wait" I heard his voice calling out from behind just as I was about to enter the class. What now?

Turning around I found his six foot some inch body, close to me"It's Winter" I scowled at him, irritated.

"Same thing"

"What do you want?"

"Nothing, just don't fall asleep in between the lesson" He grinned and without waiting for my reply, turned around and walked towards his class.

The sound of his distant howling laughter echoing the hallway made my soul burn with rage. I gritted my teeth and entered the classroom thinking about different ways to kill him painfully.

 I gritted my teeth and entered the classroom thinking about different ways to kill him painfully

Phew.. Finally done. Been a good while since I've updated. Gotta need to get this story back on track.

I was quite busy and all, so sorry for the delay. It's really hard to maintain Watppad and as well as my Life outside, unfortunately am not really good at multitasking, but I try ;)

Hope you like it! Can't wait to share more of this... Please vote and comment. Don't forget to share this story!

Bye, Take care people. Start everyday off with a smile and get it over with :)

Love, Zee..