Chapter Nine

The next couple of days were filled with training and after a full week of training, I can say the wolves were getting much better, they just needed better guidance. I'd been so occupied with the constant calls from my pack members back home, some having requests for their Alpha, some needed help or someone to talk to. I love being the mother to the pack but sometimes the Luna duties can be really stressful especially because I have to shift them at times to cater to the Red Moon's training.

Tomorrow's the beginning of the weekend and tonight, Jax and the rest of the guys would be coming to our room to watch movies, chill and relax from all the stress of the past week and a half. I just took a shower and had just finished changing when the guys came in "We brought snacks" Isa yelled in excitement and I laughed "alright, let's Netflix and chill, but...the actual meaning of chill" we all laughed until Myles asked "mom, what's the other meaning of chill?" I froze with the expression of a deer caught in headlights before I finally said "nothing, it just means to chill" "but mom, you said the actual meaning of chill as if there's an alternate meaning, and you can't define something using the same word". I sighed, sometimes I hate the fact that this boy is more intelligent than his age "baby boy, it just means to relax, okay? Now, who's interested in the originals?" they grinned and joined on the cough with me.

I opened my eyes and saw the TV still on and everyone asleep everywhere, on the bed, couch and floor. I carefully peeled myself from Jax body, turned off the TV then I went downstairs to the kitchen to get some fruits cos I could tell I'd be up for a while.

While raiding the fridge, I tensed when I heard movement behind me but I soon relaxed when I realized it was Blake behind me. I carried on raiding the fridge and pretended I didn't hear him but I tensed again when he pressed up against me and whispered in my ear "Rylee..." I spun around to face him and he took a step back "Rylee, look, I'm so sorry for everything I did back when we were kids... "That was 3 years ago" I countered and he shook his head, rocking on his heels "look, I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry, look...I know you still love me, I know you still feel our bond, I was so stupid to reject you but now I have come to my senses and I want you back and I don't mind getting rid of that person that calls himself your mate and the one you call your child and you would be mine and all mine and you would bear only my pups"

I smiled "I waited for you to say that but you were a bit slow and I have been claimed" then my eyes turned frost blue as I withdrew every emotion from my face and he flinched then I smirked and said "anymore threats to my mate and child, you should kiss your life bye because I would rip it away from you faster than you can say please and it would be so slow and painful, you would regret ever crossing me, am I clear? I asked while switching my face back to a smile and he nodded "good boy. Good night, Alpha Norman" I chirped before exiting. I went back to my spot beside Jax and smiled as he wrapped and tightened his arm around me while I snuggled into him 'this is the life' I said while drifting into a peaceful sleep.

I woke up to Jax pacing a hole in the carpet. My eyes took in the room, everyone seems to have cleared out including Myles, Isabelle probably took him. My eyes trained back on Jax and I was so confused as to why he was wearing a hole into the floor "Jax, what's wrong?" "Why is there a scent of Alpha Blake on you? What did you do with him last night?"

My eyes brimmed with tears from anger and hurt that he could even think that of me "check my memories", I told him. An alpha of a pack can check the memories of his pack so can mates and right now Jax was looking at me like he has made a mistake but he still checked anyway.

It felt like I was reliving the scene as he browsed through and the finally, he looked up at me and said he was sorry. "Sorry, you're sorry? Jax we're mates, why would you even think for a second that I would cheat on you and with him? Did you forget how I was tormented and belittled in this pack? Did you forget that he rejected me?" he stated to stutter an apology but I wasn't interested and I said "Get out" "Babe..." "OUT! NOW!"

I couldn't help the stream of tears that left my eyes as I heard the click of the door, I and Jax had never fought, this was the first time, I don't even know what to think or do right now. I checked the time, it was 10am, 2 hours left for training, then I cleaned my face, trying to wipe away any evidence that I cried. I took a shower then headed down for my breakfast then headed to the training room to get myself ready.

Soon it was 12pm and everyone was here including Blake. That made me smile, the fact that my authority was one that was respected. Today I plan on having them spar, I've been working on building their stamina and strength all these while so now we were going to put it to use.

I gave a few demonstrations with the aid of Jax, Isabelle and Daniel. I paired Jax and Daniel together cos I can't bear to look at him right now. After a few demonstrations, I paired them in twos and said "look at the people I've paired you with now, this would be your partner in a fight, in battle, anywhere. So get to know each other, become best friends because from here it gets real. Once you've perfected each other's moves, I'd be pitting you against each other, a pair against a pair and more from there until you learn how to keep your calm in the chaos of battle, because that's all battle is, organized chaos. Now...FIGHT!"

Immediately they faced off while I supervised, correcting forms, making them think of better strategies. By 3pm, everyone was exhausted, bloody and sweaty but they all had a grin on their face cos they were more confident.

I finally dismissed everyone and I went straight to the fridge for a cold lemon water. Jax was soon behind me, he had been trying to get my attention since and I had been ignoring me but now he's come to corner me. I'm not actually so pissed anymore, he was just being an insecure idiot, I just needed him to admit it.

"Babe please forgive me" he said. I rolled my eyes and tried walking out of the kitchen without saying a word but he blocked my path saying "Babe please, I was just jealous and I don't know, babe he was your first mate, we all know that bond never really goes away. I just got worried and a little bit scared that I'd lose you" I rolled my eyes again and responded "you are my one true mate, no one else, I don't know why you'd even think otherwise, you judged me without even asking me first, that's not cool. That's not." "I'm sorry please, pretty please with a chocolate cake and ice cream. I gave him a look with my side eye and said "with chocolate dipped strawberries?" and he nodded biting his lower lip while looking at me with that sheepish grin and I smiled "Fine, you're forgiven"
He hooted loudly and danced on the spot while screaming "yes!" and I rolled my eyes while laughing, God this is supposed to be one of the strongest Alphas in this region then he stopped abruptly and kissed me soundly while lifting me up. Still laughing I asked "where are you taking me?" "To show you how sorry I am".

He did show me and let's just say all's forgiven