Hello (Merry)

For the lovely gillybrandybuck...I can't believe you won...

———————————————————————

"Don't panic, (Y/N)!!" Merry shouted to you, although you were only a few feet away. "You'll be okay!!" The abrasive din of the Gondorian horsemen prevented you from barely being able to hear your own thoughts, much less what your consort was trying to tell you. 

"What?!" you yelled in confusion, hoping he did not say anything too important. He cried out again, but you simply could not hear him. Lying on your back you saw the orcs and horsemen fight above and around you. You quickly rolled over onto your stomach and crawled as fast as you could towards the edge of the forest, but before you made it very far, a horse nearly trampled right over you, and you curled up into a ball, screaming in fright. 

After the horse's rider commanded it to carry on in another direction, you peeked out from your somewhat fetal position and glanced to the forest line. As you suspected, Merry and Pippin had escaped, and made it to the safety of the trees. They did seem distressed however, when they realized that you hadn't made it out of the huge fight; they could not even see where you were. Deciding it was safer to wait in the forest for your return, they did not go back to the scene of the brawl to retrieve you. Doing so would cost their own lives, and they knew that that was something that they could not afford. 

The horsemen left after killing every last orc, piling up their bodies, and setting them alight. You had hidden behind a rock, but you were worried now. You were still not able to break free from your bonds, and you knew that once you got to the forest that that would not change. Out here in the open at least you could see what was coming, but amongst trees it was merely a short game of hide and go seek before whatever wished to eat you gained its meal. 

At about midday the next day, you were rescued by the not so unfamiliar trio: Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. They were beyond relieved to see you, and so very glad that you were safe. They told you that they were going to get you back to your friends no matter what, and it was a promise that did not go unfulfilled. 

When you and the troupe arrived at Isengard, you were absolutely ecstatic. There he was, chewing on some salted pork and smoking his favorite leaves, Old Toby. His eyes widened when he saw you, and he climbed down the towering structure as fast as he could. 

You, equally excited, jumped off of Aragorn's horse and bolted towards your consort. He wrapped his arms around you tighter than they had ever been, and murmured in your ear his tearful acknowledgements of how frightened and worried he'd been. 

You also told him how much you'd been fretting, and that going through all of these terrors made you realize just how much you loved your ridiculous hobbit.