I Got You, Fam (Merry x Hobbit!Reader)

Stumbled across this gif and couldn't say no to that adorable smile...<3

As y'all probably expected, I wrote this for gillybrandybuck, because she's amazing. Follow her, if you don't.

——————————————————————

Your heart was fluttering all day long, and your stomach was churning. You see, you were to be married the next day to the love of your life, Meriadoc Brandybuck, and you couldn't be happier. Well, except when you accidentally ran into an end table because you weren't watching where you were going. 

You screeched and grabbed your left foot, which now had a small cut on the side of it from where you had hit in on the edge of the foot of the end table. You could see that it was bleeding a little, but you didn't panic. You'd seen worse. After hobbling to your bathroom, you gently washed your cut and applied a bandage. You didn't think it would end up causing as much trouble as it did. By the end of that night, your foot was so incredibly sore that you could barely put any pressure on it without tears coming to your eyes. 

"Oh bugger," you muttered to yourself as you slouched lower into your favorite chair. "How will I walk down the aisle now?" You wondered how Merry would take this. You knew he wouldn't be upset by any means, but what would you do, seeing as the wedding was tomorrow.

You decided not to worry too much about it and go to sleep, hoping that Merry would be able to help you with your troubles the next day. 

You woke up the next morning, hoping that you would be able to at least put some pressure on your foot so you could walk around. However, when you slid out of bed and put your feet on the floor, you hissed in pain and jerked your left foot back up. You tried to hold back tears as you thought about how today would go.

After hobbling around the room, readying yourself for the marriage ceremony, and eating a small breakfast, you sat in your favorite chair to rest until the time Merry said he would pick you up and take you to the meadow where your marriage would take place. 

An hour later you were woken up by a knock on your round front door. Your head snapped up from the position where you had fallen asleep, and you quickly hobbled to the door to answer it. When you opened the door and Merry saw you standing on one foot, his eyes went from excited to worried. 

"What happened to you?" he asked, his voice practically dripping with concern. 

"Oh, just a little cut," you said nonchalantly, "Nothing serious."

"Are you sure you're all right?" He didn't seem like he bought your story. "Do you need help walking?"

You reluctantly nodded your head. "I really do," you admitted. 

As he helped you start to walk down the pathway to the meadow, he decided that carrying you would be easier. As he held you close to him, he glanced down at your dress and then looked to you. 

"You look very beautiful, by the way," he grinned.

You blushed. "Thank you."

Later on when the wedding had begun, he held you up while you both said your vows, cut the cake, and even carried you during the first dance.

You could not be happier, knowing that the Valar had blessed you with a husband who was not only your best friend, but the best person who could possibly have asked for your hand.