Reunited (Bilbo x Wife!Reader)

For gillybrandybuck !! Love you!💙💙

————————————————-

You scurried from tent to tent, assisting the elves in healing every injured and dying man, elf, and dwarf. The Battle of the Five Armies, which had been recently won by Thorin, had taken many into the jaws of death, and many more were holding onto life with the last bit of strength they had. Luckily for the line of Durin, all three of them had survived. Beaten up, sure, but alive and kicking just the same.

"Miss (Y/N)," an elleth healer called to you, "you are needed over there." She pointed daintily to the other side of the tent where the line of Durin lay, and you nodded and skipped over to the makeshift beds.

"Let's see," you muttered, a small smile coming on as you looked over Thorin first. You checked his bandaged wounds, the cloths once again soaked in blood. Carefully unwrapping the bandages from Thorin's arms, legs, and abdomen, you set them in the pile of other used ones that would soon be washed thoroughly and reused. After cleaning his cuts and wrapping new cloths around them you glanced to the next bed over where Kili lay.

You were extremely busy and focused when you were attending to Dís' sons, so you failed to notice your husband slowly waking and looking around the medical tent. Bilbo sat up, wincing as the cuts and deep bruises on his ribs stung with pain.

"(Y/N)?" he grunted, and your head snapped up to see him staring at you with wide eyes. "(Y/N), what are you doing he-" He was interrupted by your arms enclosing about his neck as you practically flung yourself onto him.

"Darling, you're alive!" you shrieked. Bilbo laughed and promptly wrinkled his nose at the pain, but also wrapped his arms around your waist and gave you a cautious squeeze. "Oh, I was so afraid you were killed or, or hurt! I was so scared!!"

Bilbo smiled and held you close, gently petting your hair. "Well everything's all right now, love," he murmured comfortingly. "I'm all right."