Part 17

March 29 1940
Me and Abbey are going to live with them for 1 week and then we get to choose if we want to stay with them. At the interview they seemed pretty nice, they had 7 and 13-year-old daughters and a 8 year old son. There children's names (starting from oldest to youngest) are Tamara, Jonathan and Emily. Emily is me and Abbeys age and she seemed really nice. Abbey and I are going to share a room, their parents share a room, Tamara shares a room with Emily and Jonathan has his own room. Bye, I am going to help make supper with Mrs. Robinson, I just heard her start on it.

March 30 1940
Guess what!? Abbey and I talked it over and we both wanted to stay! We told Mrs. and Mr. Robinson that we did want to stay and they were so happy they said that we could call them mom and dad or aunt and uncle.
I chose to call them mom and dad. I mean, if they asked me to call them mama and papa I would have said no because I would be too sad thinking of my real mama and papa, but I am fine with mom and dad. They also told me Mrs. Robinson is going to have a baby in may!! I thought she was pregnant but I was afraid to ask, but now I timidity asked her where the baby was to sleep and if I could help her decorate the baby's room and if I could help her take care of it! She said yes! She asked if I had any younger siblings and I said yes I had a 7-year-old sister Arielle and a 4-year-old brother named Alexander. She even asked where they were and I admitted that they were dead, killed by the Nazi's. She said she was very sorry and if I ever wanted to play with the new baby or any other of her kids I was welcome to.
April 3 1940
Today was my first day at school I was in Rachel's and Abbeys class, I also sit in a row with them and I played with them a break time. I also talked to another new kid named Nicholas. He was really nice and it turned out he was from Poland as well also losing one of his siblings named Ania and parents in the war.