Chapter 9

We played badminton for about thirty minutes. Then she came out her house. She was wearing gray. It was a simple shirt and short shorts. Nothing extravagant, but yet she looked so perfect. Her thin body is a light peach color. She's beautiful. Someone should tell her. I want to tell her but I'm too scared.
She cracked a smile, not a closed mouthed smile, one with teeth. The left corner of her mouth pulled itself into a smile and the right side followed. Her lips revealed perfectly white teeth. I can't tell if she is laughing or just smiling at me.

I looked up and saw the birdie coming for me like a dart. Oh. I should probably hit it or will I get her attention if I don't hit it? Or even better. I hit the birdie in her direction. It zooms past her head and in an instant she swiftly catches it.

"So I don't tell you my name and you decide to kill me?" She walked towards me.

"Oh ah. " I started to laugh out of nervousness.

"This is no laughing matter. " She stifled a laugh. She walked up to Dominic and took the badminton racket out his hand.
"But this is!"

She threw the birdie in the air and hit it. I saw it but I was too stunned by her athletic performance, I couldn't do anything about it. The birdie hit me on the temple of my head. She bursted into laughter.* I smiled at her. Her laughter is contagious. It's the flu and I caught it. My other neighbor Michelle walked out her house.

"We have a new neighbor?" She ran up to the brown haired girl. I followed. "What's your name?" Michelle asked her.

The girl smiled at me. "You can call me Stella Piper Whitman. "

"Oh ok. I like that name. "

"Thanks. What's your name?"

"Michelle. "

"Oh. " Stella turned to me. "What's your name?"

"Ben. "

"Your name is almost as cute as your face. " I realized what she said. I'm pretty sure my face is flushed right now. I can feel my cheeks burning. I stood there shook. I was confused with life. I didn't know what to say.

"Is he okay ?" Stella asked. She looked into my eyes. I could tell she looked deep into my eyes. She could probably tell just by my eyes that I'm falling for her.

"I don't think so. " Michelle pushed her out the way.

"I'm fine. I'm just confused. "

"You like him?" Dominic was surprised too.

"I like his face. I mean don't really know him enough to like him but his face is nice." She smirked at me, I smiled like an idiot.

*image is of that girl laughing.