Chapter 15

"What's your name?" The teacher asked Stella right after she walked through the door.

"My name is Savanna Penny Whitman."

"Oh ok. On my sheet it says S. P. Whitman. I was just wondering."

"It's not healthy to wonder. " Savanna told the teacher. I give up trying to learn her name. She sat down next to me, where Ken usually sits.

"Can I call you S. P. Whitman?"

"Yeah. I like that. Good thinking...Ben. "

A few minutes went by I love this class. Mostly because it's Algebra I and it's super easy.

"You're in my seat..." I turned around. *Ken was talking to S. P. "Get out. "

S. P. looked around. "Who are you talking to? Because I know you ain't talking to me with that tone. "

"Well I am. Get out my seat. "

"She doesn't have to. " I intervened.

"Ben, this is an A-B conversation so 'C' your way out of this." Ken leaned over her to talk to me.

"That comeback is as lame as your mom, Ken." I'm not gonna lie, I laughed at my own comeback. S. P. Laughed too. Aweee. I live to see her laugh. She's so pretty. Oh my bananas, why is she so beautiful?

"You know I was just joking right? Anyway, what's your name?" Ken asked S. P.

"Sarah Paris Whitman."

"Well Sarah, I can take you to Paris one day."

S. P. was stunned. She smiled as if she was laughing and started to cry. "That was so funny, I'm crying." Ken proudly walked away. S. P. whipped around to me, her hair following her. "I cringed so hard, I started to cry." We laughed. Ken didn't bother me as long as S. P. Whitman sat here. So, that was the last of him.

*image is of Ken.