Chapter 23

I put on a white shirt under my red hoodie and used the cologne. Dominic wore a blue flannel. He snapped out of his angry, depressed mood. He smiled through the pain. I envy that.

We both stood at S. P. Whitman's front door. I held roses in my hand. I stared at the front door. I just stared at it. I wondered what was inside. Well duh I know people are inside of there but like I don't know. I'm dumb sometimes.

"Are you going to knock?"

"Last time I was here I got rejected. "

"And you're probably gonna get rejected again." Dominic moved past me and knocked on the door. A few seconds later S. P. Whitman opened up the door. She had a smile on her face. It lit up the whole house. She wore a simple navy blue dress with pink flowers on it. She had a belt on with the dress also. The dress was short. If she was mine I wouldn't want her wearing that anywhere else except around me. It was so simple yet she made it look so beautiful.

"Oh wow. " Why do you do this to me?

"What?"

"Uh. " I looked at Dominic. "I feel so underdressed. " I shrugged and put my hand in my pocket. She giggled. "Oh. I got you flowers." I held the roses out to her.

"Oh thank you!!" She took them and hugged me. She's hugging me. I put my arms around her. She smells like vanilla. Oh my goodness she smells so good. I freaking love vanilla. I want to hold her forever. She let go and smiled. Dominic pushed past us.

"Dominic is hungry!" He talked about himself as if it was talk in third person day. On December 23rd in Baffle everyone talks in third person. She walked past me in her short dress. I got a whiff of vanilla.

"You smell nice. " I blurted out.

"You smell like Kaylen Powers' perfume for men. " She said as she took my hand and lead me into her house. The house was nice and very clean. Everything was normal and simple. There were pictures of the family hanging up. What a perfect family, 2 loving parents, 1 beautiful daughter and a son. It was quiet. It was full of no noise, which is very odd if you have 4 people in your house.

Absolutely nothing until she turned on some music. Panic! At the Disco started to play. Anyone who listens to Panic! At the Disco is emo but as for S. P. Whitman. She wears dresses, her nails are dark pink, her hair is light brown and long. She doesn't wear socks in her house. She has a free spirit. She sends me a bohemian vibe, not a Emo vibe. Dominic and I sat on the bar stools and leaned on the counter. She took lasagna out of the oven. She turned off the music, then served us lasagna and she sat next to me. She cracked jokes like eggs, she told stories as if she was a story teller

When she was 8 she went to Disney world, she saw this 5 dollar bill fall out this lady's purse and S. P. ended up picking it up and keeping it. She's a savage and I like it. I want to meet her family. I want to see her room. She told us what happened when she was 1 through 12 but she never told us what happened when she was 13 or 14.

"So where's your dad?" I asked.

"I really don't know but he's not here. " She poked her lasagna. She took a few bites out of it. She threw away her plate, than ours and washed the pan out that she used. Dominic sat on the couch and I followed him. She sat on the couch with us.

"Where's you mom?" Dominic asked.

S. P. answered, "My mom took my brother to a party."

"Your family just moved here and your brother got invited to a party? Wow. Popularity, am I right?" No one laughed at my joke.

*this is a picture of S. P. Whitman's dress