9. the event

REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!!

neymar's pov
I could feel Marina begin to shake as I put my arm around her shoulders. Slamming Lucas's door, we walked out of his house. Slowly, I guided Marina to my car. I slipped out of my suit jacked and laid it over her shoulders. Shivers were sent down my spine when she placed her left hand on my back to stable herself.

The dress she was wearing looked stunning on her. Too bad it went to waste with a piece of shit like Lucas. Honestly, I thought he was a nice guy, a great guy. However, everyone has their dark side.

We got into my car, and I quickly drove off, not knowing where I was headed. I heard a change in Marinas breathing and looked over, afraid she was crying. A series of bruises ran up and down her neck, along with a burning red hand mark. Marina glanced over at me, and I quickly cleared my throat and looked away.

"Do you want to go home?" I asked Marina with a light voice.

She shook her head no.

"Do you want to come to an event with me then? I mean you don't have to, but I have to go to it."

"Who's going to be there?" her voice shook.

"Um. Pretty much all my team and important people at our club. Some other random people I don't know but am forced to talk to."

Marina laughed at the end of my sentence.

"Sounds like fun," she mumbled, practically whispering.

Sounded like she needed a distraction. As soon as she said that my heart softened. I knew I was catching feelings.

"Good. You're already dressed for such an occasion."

By the time we got there, paparazzi gathered at the door. I hopped out of my car and hurried over to Marinas door. Taking her hand, all of the paparazzi started to flash their cameras. I brushed her hair over her shoulder so they would not see the dark, forced bruises. I only realized we were holding hands when we got inside. Neither of us let go, however, I liked the comfort of Marina being here, I loved having someone with me.

"Ok, that wasn't too bad. Was it?" I asked looking into her eyes that were less than half a foot away.

Marinas mouth parted into a smile that could make the world stop in it tracks. It certainly made me. I stood there, smiling and looking at her face closely for what seemed like a short time but in reality was a couple minutes.

I finally stopped staring at her when Gabriel Jesus came out of the event room and shouted, "Hey, lovebirds, come on."

I flipped my head to the side and started to walk hand in hand with Marina. Good thing no one was good enough friends with Lucas on the team to know that he had been dating Marina.

When we walked in, almost all eyes were on us. Butterflies played in my stomach as her fingers began to intertwine with my own. I peered through the poorly lit room with all the heads turned towards Marina and I. Surprisingly, Marina took it better than I did. She smiled at me, grabbed my arm, and started to walk into the storm of people. You could never have guessed the situation that occurred an hour ago.

We were quickly stopped by Tite, the manager of the Brazil football team. Great, just the person I want to see. He looked at Marina with a confused look.

"Neymar I couldn't help but notice you were late," he gave me a disappointed glare.

"I'm sorr—" My words were interrupted my Marina.

"It was my fault. He had to pick me up because my car wouldn't start." She lied confidently with a kind, apologetic smile.

I peaked at her hesitantly and then moved my eyes to Tite, he was almost shocked that she talked. I felt Marina's warm hand once again grab onto mine, drawing Tites attention to our intertwined fingers. Someone tapped him on the shoulder drawing his attention somewhere else. We took this chance and escaped from the dangerous situation.

Marcelo Vieira's wife, Clarisse, stopped us to talk. Although I did love Clarisse, I didn't want to talk at the current moment. I just wanted to talk to Marina, however not here, somewhere else.

"Awe look at you guys," Clarisse said as she looked at us holding hands, "You know— Wait what's your name darling?"

"It's Marina. Marina Diaz," she said with a smooth voice.

"That's so beautiful. Anyway, Marina, Neymar hasn't brought a girl around here in ages. I swear, you must be really special if he even brings you close to us."

I could feel my cheeks flush a bright pink, and I looked over to see that Marina had a teasing smile lingering on her face. This girl better not laugh. I swear if she does.

"I always thought Neymar was a ladies man. I'm surprised he didn't bring a different girl to every party." Marina joked making Clarisse laugh an ugly giggle out loud.

Marina laughed along with Clarisse as I looked at her in anger and shock. Marina nudged my side with her elbow as they continued to laugh. They both could see that I obviously wasn't amused.

"Come on Neymar. It was just a joke, lighten up a little bit!" Marina told me which made me even more annoyed.

A wanted to strangle her, but instead I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, accidentally moving some of her hair out of place.

"Oh you guys were having fun?" Clarisse asked looking over at Marina.

Having no idea what she was talking about—like the idiot I am—I glanced over to where she was looking. Her eyes were dead locked to Marina's bruised neck, and a playful smile was on her face. She was obviously joking, but it still made me anxious.

Marina started to break the silence, "Oh it wasn't—"

But before she could finish I butted in, "Haha, I'm sorry. So inappropriate of me." I used my arm around Marina's shoulder to put her hair back in place.

"She's just so beautiful. Who can blame me?" I said with a smile across my face while looking at Marina with a lovey dovey look.

"Well, I will leave you two alone," she winked as she was pulled back by her husband who finally found her in the crowd of people.

REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!!

__________Waz up?! Writing a new story about kylian that i can post hopefully soon

__________
Waz up?! Writing a new story about kylian that i can post hopefully soon. Hope you liked the chapter

ILY,
cassie