15. heated

I'm so sorry for not updating so here's a quick recap. Neymar and Marina are going to a fancy dinner with a bunch of footballers. Enjoy!

MARINAS POV
As we began to exit the car to enter the party, I couldn't help but look Neymar up and down. He wore a sleek black suit, black shirt, and black tie. His golden watch sparkled in the dim lights of the car.

Neymar began to open the car door as I did the same. I had one classy, gold heel out of the door when the cameras started flashing. Before I knew it, Neymar was beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist. The flashes nearly blinded me.

Many paparazzi were yelling things such as, "Neymar can you confirm that are you two dating," and, "Who is your date?"

Neymar looked around wildly with a teasing glean in his eyes. He stopped in his tracks making me look behind me to see what event caused him to suddenly stop. A smile scrunched on his face got closer as he pulled me in to his grasp.

I smiled and as soon as I did he pulled me into a dip kiss. Our lips crashed as Neymar kissed me greedily. We broke into a smile with our foreheads leaning against each other.

Neymar turned towards the paparazzi, "Does that answer your question?"

I took his hand in mine as I led him away from where he stood on the sidewalk. How the hell did he have the balls to do that? I smiled at him as we walked inside. There were still some paparazzi in the building taking pictures but not as many as.

Most of the team was already in the building or entering the dinner hall. Many people drew their attention to us—the couple that is deeply in love, but just doesn't know it yet. Neymar's fingers laced around my hand and led me to our seat at one of the circular tables in the room.

My hands grew sweaty as the room filled with more and more unfamiliar people, this was more than just a dinner party. Neymar left me standing by a tall table, to go talk to people I had no interest in.

Feeling eyes around the room begin to drift up and down my body, I chugged my champagne. Where was Neymar? I began to look around for the man I arrived with, but he was no where to be found. Getting lost in my thoughts, I barely heard the man trying to talk to me.

"What is a beautiful woman like you doing all alone?" The man asked as I looked up to see his face.

He had chocolate brown hair that matched with his eyes. He was quite handsome, I will admit. Tattoos  lingered down his hand as delicious traces of cologne hit my nose.

"I'm waiting someone to come back, they were just greeting a few people." I explained, not wanting the stranger to know too much.

"Hm, well if you would like to dance, I would gladly offer you one."

I peered around to see if Neymar was going to come back soon, but there was still no sight of him. The room was getting even more crowded. I doubted that the circular wooden tables in the corner of the room could fit everyone.

"Sure, why not?" I responded as we walked side by side closer to the piano where about thirty couples were swaying back and fourth, trapped in their own world.

The strange man put both of his hands on my middle torso, making sure not to put them too low. We most likely looked comfortable with each other but not like a couple.

"So, I didn't catch your name." I asked finally getting interested with what was going on.

"My name is Paulo, Paulo Dybala."

"Oh, you seem awfully familiar," I teased obviously knowing who he is by his name. "You know I supported France during the World Cup, but Argentina was up there with my top teams along with Brazil obviously. Don't tell but I used to have a bit of a crush on you, even though you are married."

Paulo gleamed a smile as he blushed at my comment.

"Huh, well my wife is here somewhere, probably disappeared with all the other wife's. Shouldn't you be with them as well?"

"Ha," I genuinely laughed at his comment, "Do you see a ring on my finger?" I held my hand up.

"Oh, my bad. I didn't catch your name."

"It's fine, I'm Marina Diaz."

Paulo's eyes seeped into mine as we couldn't break the eye contact. The fluent conversation continued on for sometime as neither of our dates approached  us. My face was sore from the smile rightly plastered on my face from the man. It seemed as if we were  good friends.

However, to others it didn't—excluding Neymar. His hand soon pulled my shoulder to turn me towards him. His eyebrows angrily scrunched together, making my heart jump in worry. I already knew he wasn't happy, even before he spoke a word.

"Thank you for keeping her company," Neymar said in a monotone voice before he waved at Paulo.

Before I could say my goodbye, Neymar released my shoulder, grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards our table. He practically dragged me their.

"Ney.. Ney!" I shout whispered as he pulled us through a crowd of people.

"What?" He sharply said as he turned around, his face landing inches away from mine.

My mouth was left hanging open, not knowing what to say to that. He sounded pissed and I could just hope he wasn't pissed at me—but that was too good to be true. I knew he didn't like that I danced with another man especially not another footballer.

The Brazilian continued to drag me through the big room until the music became quite and the people became hushed. We entered a hallway without any sign of life. Neymar obviously wanted to talk.

"Look I'm sorry. I know you're probably ang—"

However, before I could get all of my words out, Neymar's lips unexpectedly crashed against mine. He quickly pinned me against the wall and reached for my hands. His greedy gestures infected mine, making me just as greedy as Neymar. The kiss turned even more heated as he pinned my hands against the wall and shoved his leg in between my legs. A smile erupted on his lips from the sound of the door to the hallway clicking open.

A unfamiliar man walked in, however, it was obvious that he knew Neymar.

"Oh I'm so sorry Ney," He called him by his nickname.

"Oh it's fine," He said with a devilish smile breaking our kiss.

I turned towards the man with my hands still pinned against the wall. Soon enough I had it, pushed Neymar off of me and quietly apologized to the man as I walked past him. Leaving Neymar and his friend alone in the hallway.