01 peek in the past

"fool me one time, shame on you. fool me twice can't put the blame on you"

***

"faith, stop" mackenzie whined at her roommate. "kenzie this is  important!" faith exclaimed , throwing her skirt in the direction of mackenzie's head.

kenzie chuckled, dodging the skirt. "come on faithy. you have absolutely no reason to be stressed. its not like it's your boyfriend's family you're meeting. its mine. and jer said they would love me." she said sticking her tongue out right after.

"this is big for me too you know, if they don't like your bestfriend then what is there to like about you?" faith said grinning. kenzie gasped. "you little-" she started, jumping on top of the petite brown haired. faith squealed and threw a laughing fit.

kenzie climed off her and straightened her jeans and top. "so, i'm going to get breakfast with jer. you go have fun with maisy and your sister." she stated.

"no, you are joining us later! you promised lexi, remember?" faith said. still out of breath from laughing. "oh, right. well okay then i'll just cut it short with him and join. no problem" she spoke while collecting her stuff around the dorm and throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"cya faith!" she said before closing the door behind her.

the hall was flooded with people getting to the little cafe's around campus. she was about to do the same but had to go pick her boyfriend up.

she took a left turn to the east wing of the building. where his dorm was located. when she reached his door she knocked, it didn't take long before a hazel haired brown eyed boy came to the door. "hey kenzis" he said

a smile creeped onto kenzie's face. "hey gilbert" she replied. "you know i have a first name, right?" he laughed. "i know, jeremy" she said.

she reached for his neck so she could slightly pull his face down, stood up on her tippy toes and kissed him shortly.

the height difference between the two was ridiculous. he was 6,1 and she was 5,7. but they still looked extremely cute together.

"sunrise café? she asked with bright eyes. "whatever you want princess" he said sighing. "hey, hey, hey! saying princess and being all cute doesn't mean you can sigh! you know i love that place" she pouted. "fine, its just... this waitress keeps flirting with me. even with you at the table, like how blind is she" he declared with his face on straight annoyed.

"listen you," she started. pushing his hair back. "if i don't worry about it, you shouldn't either." she smiled. so did he. then she took his hand and started towards the sunrise café.
***
the brunette waitress going by the name vicki donnovan walked over to their table. smiling, she spoke. "so, whats it going to be today" jeremy looked up at her and cringed. kenzie let out a small giggle. "um, i'll have the iced caramel latte with a side of whip cream please."

vicki wrote the order down and looked over at jeremy. "and for you?" she asked. batting her eyelashes, smiling full teeth. yuck.

"i'll have a cappuccino and a piece of stawberry pie." he spit out eventually. vicki just nodded and walked back to the kitchen to place the order.

kenzie saw her walking back with the coffee a few moments later. and before she even knew what she was doing, she took a tube of sugar from the table and silently tossed it at the waitress. struggling with all the drinks and foods in her hands she slipped. and spilled it all over her head.

"you!" she yelled out at kenzie who was laughing hysterically. jeremy joining in "learn not to stare at my boyfriend next time." she began. "oh! and get me my iced latte. thanks" she smirked.

when she looked back at jeremy she saw his smirk and she raised an eyebrow. "what?" she asked grinning. "you, were jealous" jeremy pointed out

"was not!" kenzie replied, brows furrowed. "was too" he looked away and ended his sentence with an; "end of discussion"

vicki got back to the table with the drinks in hands and smiled. "here you go" she said. walking off straight after. "so, whats the plan for tonight" kenzie asked enthusiastically.

"well, elena is driving the whole club over from mystic falls, so you just need to ask your sister and jack to come. and faith is coming too right?"

kenzie nods.

"sooo, who is the whole club?" she askes smiling. jeremy let out a small chuckle and picked up his red cup of coffee.

after taking a sip, he spoke. "i think stefan, damon, bonnie and alaric" kenzie nods.

the double doors of the café suddenly opened and a brown haired, brown eyed guy stepped into the room. he looked around and set foot towards the waiting line.

kenzie gasped and her cup of iced coffee slipped out of her fragile hands. it hit the floor and chattered into a million pieces. jeremy's eyes shot up and looked at kenzie's in concern.

kenzie started hyperventilating and jeremy started stressing. "kenzie? kenzie look at me" his voice was gentle. "mackenzie please just breathe"

she gasped once more before standing up and walking towards the brown haired guy. "harvey?" she asked with furrowed brows, still out of breath. when he turned and looked her in the eye he gasped just like she had before him. "oh my god mackenzie" he declared before hugging her ever so tightly.

***

surpriseee! early release :) i hope y'all love me now. have fun reading this first chapter xo xo sor

dedicated to : j-enzie , superstratus , jenzied and  purplefacey