04 sincerly, lauren

"call me friend but keep me closer"
(start playing the song when the flashback starts or just play it through the whole chapter, the flashback part is important though)
_____________________________________
dear mackenzie,

how are you? i haven't talked to you in a long while, when i tried calling you it said you had changed your number.. i started thinking and realized that was probably because of johnny trying to reach out to you after the break-up.
i just wanted to say i'm sorry. i never meant for you and johnny to split.
when we heard hayden got hurt i just freaked out and i couldn't take LA anymore.
i genuinly just wanted to go home and be with the gang because i missed them.
i try not to worry about you and how you're doing but it's just we haven't talked
to you in so long, not even lexi dylan and annie and we miss you.
i keep asking myself if you are going to come back. i know you are in college now,
but we just need you back here so bad it's driving me insane. johnny isn't doing too good either. he keeps drinking and smoking and avoiding harvey, it hurts.
i don't have you here with me but i at least i have the memories.
i love you

sincerly, lauren

lauren put her pen down and sighed. she looked around her room before picking up her letter and folding it. "johnny! where are the envelopes?!" she yelled out to her older brother, sitting in the other room.

"i don't know, check the cabinets downstairs!" johnny replied after a second.

lauren stood up and walked towards the stairs. she stormed down and reached for the cabinets in her kitchen. when she spots the envelopes she pulls one out of the packet. "got them!" she yelled to johnny.

lauren then quickly walked back upstairs and took her letter from her desk. she slips it into the envelope and smiles. laying it down she takes the pen again and writes "mackenzie ziegler dorm 35b" on the top.

thoughts were going through her mind. is she going to get mad? will she reply?

laurens phone buzzed and she slipped it out of her pocket to check who texted her. her eyes widened as she read the message nadia sent her.

nadia : lauren i just ran into mackenzie
nadia : i told her about johnny coming back to hankerbay. i didn't tell her about the meeting with taylers gang tho

lauren gasped and dropped her phone. sitting down on her bed she thought of the moment that everything changed

flashback

it had been a month of johnny, kenzie, maddie, jack and lauren living together. maddie and jack were getting into more fights everyday.

it didn't take long for them to break up and move back to trennville leaving lauren, johnny and mackenzie in hankerbay.

they were doing fine at first. mackenzie had made some friends, but when she told her 'friend' about the gang she'd been in two months before her 'friend' was so shocked she totally ghosted on her.

it hurt mackenzie deeply to the point where she got mad at johnny for letting her ever get involved with the gang.

they started yelling at each other "if it wasn't for you i would be living a normal life right now! at home with my friends not here with my gangboyfriend and nightly bad dreams of me killing a dude!" kenzie yelled to wich johnny slammed doors

"fuck this mackenzie! i can't help it that you almost got killed because of your bigass attitude okay? we had to kill them there was no other way out for us!" he yelled

silence hit before kenzie threw out the most hurtful comment she could. "no way our for us? or for you.. to me there is no 'us' anymore johnny. just me and memories of you"

a day later johnny received a text from harvey telling him hayden got shot by a gangmember from joeys old gang. he started packing his bag right away while kenzie was still asleep.

he woke up lauren and told her to pack her bags as soon as she could. but did johnny want to leave kenzie? no. he didn't want her to get in more trouble and hate him even more.

johnny left a note saying 'untill we meet again, stay safe. i love you - johnny'

when mackenzie woke up she looked around the room. clothing and johnnys other stuff were gone and there were no sounds around her. she stepped out of bed and walked to laurens room.

empty.

she ran downstairs and looked at the table. there was a key and a creditcard. she read the note and screamed painfully

"no!" she let out before she bursted out crying running to the door opening it. the car was gone and the grass was cut. she fell down to her knees and started breathing unevenly,hot tears streaming down her cheeks. her heart broke.

end of flashback

lauren wiped away a tear and sighed "i'm sorry kenz" she whispered

____________________
big oof. so uh i'm continuing this after like a month or 8 and im so fucking sorry don't hate me! purplefacey just for u, ily