02 stabbing the chicken

" i don't wanna pretend we're something. we're nothing.."

***

"i've missed you so much" mackenzie cried into his shirt. she lifted up her head and looked his way. "I missed you too kenz. how have you been?" harvey asked her when she let go of him. i've been fine, mostly. since maddie and jack moved back i was lonely. but iguess i'm in collage now!" she smiled, genuinely.

"i see, nice campus here." he spoke. mackenzie arched her brow. "why are you on the campus anyways? you hate school." mackenzie chuckled. "yeah, haha. i do don't i?" harvey replied with a grin.

his grin turned inviseable just a split second later. "so, uhm. how is the gang" mackenzie asked. looking down. "we're fine" he answered.

"listen, kenz. we all mis you. why don't  you just think about, yaknow? coming back to us." mackenzie slightly opened her mouth. "i- i-" she started, but struggled to finish. "its okay, i don't really need an answer right now.. here is my new number"

he slowly handed her a paper with his digits on it. "if you ever decide you miss us, or if you need us in any situation. call my number and we'll be right there. okay?" kenzie looked down at the paper and nodded.

"one caramel iced latte for harvey p?" the barista yelled through the café. "thats mine, i gotta go" harvey smiled. "take care kenzie" he said before walking off to his iced drink and disappearing in the bright sunlight.

kenzie stood in that same spot for a while, thoughts going through her mind. thoughts about when she was still in the gang, or when she was with all her girl friends chilling. wow how much she missed them.

she looked back to walk to the table her and jeremy were sitting at, when she realized jeremy had already left. there was a 20 dollar bill on the table and a half eaten strawberry pie slice.

mackenzie slid her phone out of her pocket to ring jeremy but he didn't pick up. so she called faith who picked up immediately

"hey kenz. where are you?"

"hey, i was at the sunrise cafe with jeremy. and a guy i used to know showed up so we had a little talk. and when i turned to walk back to my table, jer was gone and all that was left was money for the food and drinks.."

"well did jer know about the guy? because you know he hates the fact that you have such a secret past and you never tell him anything.."

the line went silent for a minute when faith decided to speak again

"oh my god, kenzie. was the guy johnny?"

that was when kenzie realized jeremy probably got the wrong idea. he doesn't know about the gang or the kills or johnny. not even the slightest bit. she wanted to keep him away from her dark and gloomy past for his own good.

"kenzie?"

"yeah, sorry. it wasn't johnny it was harvey"

"get your ass to the hankerbay mall right now"

faith hung up the phone and kenzie stormed out of the café to catch a taxi.

***

"so, harvey was the leader of the gang?" lexi asked while sipping her coke. "yeah, and the other guy johnny was her boyfriend" faith squealed