07 a big burn

highest in the room
___________________________

kenzie knocked on the petito family's door and it was opened by the tall curlyhaired hayden summerall. he was facing the livingroom  "come i—" he began before turning around and seeing mackenzie.

his mouth opened widely and he nearly jumped off the small steps to embrace kenzie in a hug. "no way" he exclaimed while closing his eyes still tightly holding her.

"suprise!" kenzie chuckled and hugged him tightly. "why didn't i know you were coming?!" hayden asked while letting go. "i actually don't know maybe harvey wanted it to be a surprise" kenzie smiled.

"come in!" hayden exclaimed and grabbed kenzie's hand, dragging her towards the door. when she entered she looked across the living room. she saw the big grey couch and big wooden steps. the flat screen tv and the pictures of baby harvey all around.

she smiled to herself. it had been a long time since she last saw all this stuff. hayden pointed towards the couch and kenzie turned her face to look. she saw two brunettes a blondie and a raven haired girl sitting and chatting to each other.

"hey dudes!" hayden stated and the girls all turned their heads. "oh my god!" annie yelled and jumped off of the couch. it took the other girls a while to process but when they realized it was really mackenzie standing there they all opened their mouths to yell and ran to her.

annie was first to jump on mackenzie and tackle her in a hug. "what the fuck— what are you?— why didn't you?!!— hey!!" she stuttered and smiled. lexi lauren and dylan joined the hug. some of them even shed a small tear.

a few guys were upstairs looking for candles to light. carsen johnny and caden looked around the room where harvey has all his office stuff. they come across a chest with some of the candles in them.

after taking a few johnny sighed. "this is enough right?" he asked carson who simply nodded. a few screams came from downstairs. "what in hell" caden spoke and looked at the other guys.

johnny was first to open the door and walk up to the stairs. carson followed and looked down at the direction where the screams came from.
"is that?" he asked and johnny opened his mouth to talk. 'i— it looks?.." he couldn't finish as he froze.

"mackenzie" caden stated and carson gasped. "no way" he spoke before running down the stairs. "kenzie!!" he yelled and kenzie's head shot to the side. "carson!" she responded and the girls let go of her. she runned to him and stood at the bottom of the stairs when he tackled her in a hug.

"i missed you so much" kenzie tiredly spoke. she opened her eyes and looked up to caden who was standing behind carson. "hey caden" she smiled and hugged him shortly.

johnny was looking down at what was going on and saw how kenzie slowly looked up. they locked eyes and johnny smiled to her. "hey" he mouthed and she took a step on the stairs. when johnny realised she was coming up he froze once again.

she slowly took steps up until she was at the top of the stairs. "hey" she said as his eyes lid up. "what are you doing in trenville? most of all here?" he asked bluntly. kenzie looked down. "i was expcting a 'how are you' at least but like okay" she played with her fingers nervously.

"well, how are you?" he asked and stepped towards her. "how do you think i am.." she said and he stopped walking towards her. "i know" johnny sighed.

"it's great to see you." johnny smiled once again. "i guess it's nice to see you too.." kenzie returned the smile and took a step towards him.

"i can't even get a hug anymore?" she asked and he stepped to her with his arms open. "always" he answered and kenzie gladly walked into his embrace. she wrapped her arms around him and breathed in. she closed her eyes and a relieved look appeared on her face.

when they let go she looked at his face and frowned slightly. "why'd you leave johnny" she watched how his face expression changed. "i did it for lauren" he looked down. "we were fighting every day mackenzie" he said and scratched his neck.

"i know.. but, i still can't understand the way you could just leave.." emotion took over her and tears started to slowly form in her eyes.

"i—" johnny started when the door next to them opened. it was harvey. "kenzie! you came!"

_________________________
always feeling fucked up either by love or no love

hope you guys like the chapter. heat is coming