Somber Symphonies

Someone was shaking me awake.
Please don't be her...
It didn't seem like it, the hand felt fragile and soft. Just like a child. I open my eyes to be relieved when my aunt, Kimberly, stood before me. She displayed a goofy smile, the one that nurtures the wounds inside me. She gazed down at me with her glossy doe eyes. I know she wouldn't really understand what's going on, but she still has feelings like all human beings. She's not stupid, she's just...not all there. She picks up things really fast, but it takes her a while to comprehend.
My aunt is severely autistic.
She's like a child, innocent and playful. I still love her.
She kneels down next to me and wraps me in a motherly hug. I forfeit to her embrace once again mourning for everything that's occurred these past few years. This was the first time in a while that I've cried. I always believed to remain strong, so nobody can mess with me. That way I don't become vulnerable to people who have something against me. Kimberly felt fragile against me, like a China doll, but she held me in a tight grip. She began to weep too.
I wonder if she felt my pain.
What if she knows...
     Our comfort session came to a sudden end when I heard my door abruptly swing open. We both jumped in fear as if we were caught doing something that was forbidden. My grandmother stands in the doorway, her face beet red. She finally says, "well, well, well. What do we have here? Oh I see, my useless daughter and my pathetic, spoiled granddaughter both in the same room crying about how I am so cruel". My heart started to painfully throb.
"Please don't do this", I begged.
"Do what? I didn't come for you, my dear, I came for Kimberly", her words dripped venom when she called me her dear. She walked over to Kim and tried to grab her by the arm. Kimberly started to whine, and resist. My grandmother tried again, but this time, Kimberly went into a full blown tantrum. She tried to hold onto me clawing her nails into my shoulders. I wanted to keep her in my grasp, but before long, my grandmother managed to drag her out of my room. Kimberly's screams echoed the hallway. Guilt washed over me wishing I had fought for her to stay with me. I lay back on my floor, and curl in a fetal position. My thoughts ran through how my day went from great to terrible. All because of her...

     She ruined everything. I hate her. There is no love for this woman... Just pure anger and resentment.
She's not my grandmother, and she never will be.
She's the monster that never leaves my childhood nightmares, but creeps it's way into my reality.
Or have I been sucked into a masochist's fantasy...oh Alice, how did you escape the sadistac Queen of Hearts? I lost my head years ago, there's no escaping ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Violet is right... Why is her grandmother so bitter? Find out in the next few chapters of this book! If you liked this chapter, give it a vote! 😊
I know I am writing a horror novel, and I promise the crazy twist will come. This is only the beginning. ❤
Also if you like poetry, check out my book called, "Poems of a Broken Soul". It has almost all the poems I've written within the past few years. I hope you enjoy them.

I would also like to thank -ghostieos for creating my book cover. She does a really great job on them, and I want to give a s/o to my best friends Luke_vader, and SnowFox1323. Check out what they have in store for you, just sayin' 😉

Yours truly, redhoodwonderer  😎✌

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~