Being a christian

What does it mean to be a christian? Being a christian means to be christ like (1 john 2:6 he that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked so when we feel like doing something and we question whether to do it or say it or even if we dont question it, there is always one powerful question to ask and that is would jesus say this or do this? We were not called to be nice people that is just a bonus that comes with being a christian, gods joy that overfills our spirits. Even (john 15:11 these things that i have spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full). So with this joy we are to express gods love to others as a true follower of christ should, ( john 3:5 jesus answered, verily, verily, i say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of god). The bible says nothing about being a nice person gets you into the kingdom of heaven. You can be the nicest person on earth and give to every charity and not be pleasing God, in a carnal mans  logic what they are doing is good because their logic is based on their flesh, so that would mean that everybody enters the kingdom of God, and if that was the case then there would be no need for hell because in this logic no one goes to hell. ( its bad logic) hell is for sinners and those who dont walk with God to the best of their ability. Everybody has a chance to go to heaven ( ephesians 2:8 for by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God). Now to back up what we do as christians (matthew 16:24 then jesus said unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me), this is basically saying to have your flesh weakened. This is where our need comes in, we all need the spirit of God, but for gods spirit to rise in us pur flesh has to weaken, (john 3:30 he must increase but i must decrease also), (psalms 119:133 order my steps in thy word, and let not any iniquity (sin) have domain over me, so with this being said by david this lets us know that sin is bad and we should not let sin rule over us. As (1 corinthians 15:31 i protest by your rejoicing which i have in christ jesus, our lord, i die daily. So if we weaken our flesh daily that makes it harder for us to sin.