New Girl part 2

* The next day*

y/n POV:

I woke up to the sound of car's honking and realized I was in MY house, not a hotel. I quickly got up and went down the stairs to see my dad cooking breakfast. My dad NEVER cooks, after all, we only ever lived in hotels. So, I was surprised, yet happy. I sat down on the big, circular table and waited for the food.

*End of y/n POV*

y/n: Mornin' dad! Are you actually cooking food or am I going blind?

y/d: Hey! I can cook, see! You are going to love it!

y/n: Fine... I'll give it a try.

You have never ever seen your dad do anything for you, he would usually be at work right now, and you would be ordering food from the hotel. But, this was totally different. Unexpected actually. He came back with the breakfast. He had made waffles and cut up some fruit. To be honest, you thought they looked great, it was quite a surprise that he hadn't burnt himself or done something stupid like that. We had the breakfast together and finally, you had a feeling that this place might have a chance.

y/d POV:

All I ever wanted was my little girl to be happy and I think this house was making it happen. Whenever I left the hotel, I would feel bad for leaving my daughter all alone and coming back late in the night and not being able to talk to her. So, this was giving a chance for me to redeem myself. All I can ever think about her. I always feel like she is taking care of me. When I used to come to the hotel at the night, she would have dinner laid out. Her plate always empty. So, whenever she wanted something, I tried my hardest to get it. I tried to buy her happiness, but now I have realized, I need to give her love. I'm trying to give her the love I used to before my wife passed away.

*End of y/d POV*

You quickly scramble to finish your food and get dressed. Then, you ask your dad to take you to the mall to shop for school. You have the text of all the makeup and you are ready to buy clothes. You are so excited. It has been your dream to have makeup ever since you were 2 years old. You and Sadie would always go into your mom's closet and find her makeup to put on.

y/d: You ready?

y/n: Yes, I'm coming.

y/d: Ok, I will meet you in the car!

y/n: OK!

You grab your phone and run to the car.

*TEXT MESSAGES*

y/n: Hey Sadie, I am just about to go shop, I AM SO EXCITED!

Sadie: OMG YAY!

y/n: So ik I am going to go to Sephora for makeup, but I don't know where to go for clothes. Any recommendations?

Sadie: OMG I HAVE SO MANY. OK- For tops and stuff like that you need to go to Brandy Melville, Garage, Pacsun, ooh and you can't forget Topshop. I mean those are the best brands tbh so yeah.

y/n: ok, what about pants?

Sadie: U HAVE TO GO TO LULULEMON for leggings and Hollister for jeans. Also, PacSun has really good shorts.

y/n: Ok thanks!! Ly Sadie! gtg talk to you later:)

*End of text messages*

You reach the Manhattan Mall and it's PACKED. There is no parking and you spend around 30 minutes to find a spot. Then, you and your dad go to the mall and you spot Sephora. You take your dad's hand and rush to Sephora. As you go in, you take out your phone and find the list of makeup.

Sephora worker: Hi! Would you like any help?

y/n: Yeah! So I need this stuff. *Showing text Sadie sent*

Sephora worker: So, do you know what brands you would like?

y/n: umm.... Do you have any recommendations?

Sephora Worker: So, the thing is, there are a bunch of brands that have something that's really good, but the other products are not as good. So, I would recommend, buying everything from different brands. I can help you with that.

y/n pov:

I was done shopping at Sephora and all in all the total money was probably a huge amount, but I was so happy. Then, we went to all the shops that Sadie told us to go to and I bought A LOT. My dad was all for it though. So today was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. I had bought my first makeup and bought a bunch of clothes. Tomorow was the last day of summer and then, the next day, I was starting PUBLIC SCHOOL. I kinda felt a little bit more prepared than before.

*End of y/n POV*